Subject: 24.5; Doc string of `current-word'
From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2016 10:24:56 -0800 (PST)
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

This part of the doc string is wrong:

 The function, belying its name, normally finds a symbol.

1. There is no "normally".  Do you mean often?  Usually?  Sometimes?
   (When?)

2. It always returns a string, never a symbol.  A symbol is a Lisp
   object.  If you mean that it often returns a string that has symbol,
   not word, syntax, then say so.  That does not mean that it returns a
   symbol.  Yes, the first line of the doc now says that it returns a
   string.  This means that the doc as a whole is currently confusing
   and inconsistent.

In GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2015-04-11 on LEG570
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/c/usr --host=i686-pc-mingw32'