Subject: Re: bug#24974: CANNOT_DUMP build assumes Emacs is already installed
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2016 13:35:47 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 26.1

Daniel Colascione wrote:

>>    normal = PATH_LOADSEARCH;
>> +  if (!NILP (Vinstallation_directory)) normal = PATH_DUMPLOADSEARCH;
>> +
>>  #ifdef HAVE_NS
>>    lpath = decode_env_path (0, loadpath ? loadpath : normal, 0);
>>  #else
>
> I changed a lot of this code in my portable dumper patch.  The new code
> works fine for me with CANNOT_DUMP uninstalled. We can split this change
> (and the corresponding loadup.el changes) out from the rest of the patch
> pretty easily, I think.

I look forward to those changes, but in the meantime I installed my
one-liner as 504e384, since it seems like an improvement, and can't eg
make merging any harder.