Subject: 24.5; Undesirable Cursor Jump After Movement with M-left or M-right in Term-Mode
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2015 20:17:14 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

When I reposition the cursor in term-mode or ansi-term with M-left or
M-right, it always returns to its original position (see web link below
for the question on the Emacs StackExchange website which includes an
animation of the issue). These steps reproduce the behavior for me:

emacs -Q
M-x term-mode RET
/bin/bash RET
this is some text               (type some dummy text)
M-left
M-left                          (so that the cursor is in the middle)
M-DEL
this is some                    (this is the resultant text)

http://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/17085/undesirable-cursor-jump-after-movement-with-m-left-or-m-right-in-term-mode/17086#17086

In GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.16.6)
 of 2015-09-09 on foutrelis
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11702000
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-xft
 'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector-strong
 --param=ssp-buffer-size=4' CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro'

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Making completion list...

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
help-fns mail-prsvr mail-utils help-mode easymenu time-date tooltip
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 72232 5344)
 (symbols 48 17645 0)
 (miscs 40 37 114)
 (strings 32 9280 3368)
 (string-bytes 1 253533)
 (vectors 16 8989)
 (vector-slots 8 383785 17660)
 (floats 8 63 200)
 (intervals 56 230 0)
 (buffers 960 13)
 (heap 1024 27237 956))

-- 
Bryton T.D. Hall
[email-masked]
(720)789-1140