Subject: 25.1.50; electric-quote-mode
From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
To: bug-gnu-emacs <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2016 21:38:43 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

I may be missing something, but electric-quote-mode does not seem to
work here.

From `emacs -Q', if I create a new text-mode buffer

  C-x b foo
  M-x text-mode

then I enable electric quoting in that buffer

  M-x electric-quote-local-mode

and then I type [``foo''] or [`foo'], no quote conversion takes place.

Am I missing something?

TIA

In GNU Emacs 25.1.50.1 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2016-10-19 built on LEG570
Repository revision: 8988327d548db7b69f30ea15496ccb0726fa4502
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.14393
Configured using:
 'configure --host=i686-pc-mingw32'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ENU
  locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: Text

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-quote-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message dired format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec password-cache epg epg-config gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils misearch
multi-isearch cl-extra help-fns help-mode easymenu cl-loaddefs pcase
cl-lib time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table w32-win
w32-vars term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
w32notify w32 multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 8 91051 7113)
 (symbols 32 19702 0)
 (miscs 32 185 237)
 (strings 16 15931 4229)
 (string-bytes 1 430123)
 (vectors 8 12502)
 (vector-slots 4 438930 5422)
 (floats 8 165 224)
 (intervals 28 384 92)
 (buffers 516 21))

-- 
Dani Moncayo