Subject: 26.0.50; Bootstrap failed
From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2016 12:05:06 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I have upgraded one of my systems from Ubuntu 16.04 to 16.10. Now `make
bootstrap' fails on master with

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
Finding pointers to doc strings...
Finding pointers to doc strings...done
Dumping under the name emacs
21680640 of 33554432 static heap bytes used
Makefile:749: recipe for target 'bootstrap-emacs' failed
make[1]: *** [bootstrap-emacs] Segmentation fault (core dumped)
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

One possible reason could be, that gcc has been upgraded from
"gcc version 5.4.0 20160609 (Ubuntu 5.4.0-6ubuntu1~16.04.2)" to
"gcc version 6.2.0 20161005 (Ubuntu 6.2.0-5ubuntu12)"

I am appending config.log

Best regards, Michael.