Subject: Re: bug#24555: [PATCH] Remove unused variable `command-debug-status'
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Philippe Vaucher <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2016 17:43:18 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Philippe Vaucher <[email-masked]>
> Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2016 09:42:14 +0200
> Cc: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
> 
> And again new patches without a typo :-)

Thanks, I pushed this to the emacs-25 branch, and I'm marking this
bug done.

Please note that your patch had a fatal flaw: specbind needs a
(quoted) symbol, not its value.  Using Vcommand_debug_status there
produced a broken binary that would display an error message and
become unresponsive.  See what I actually committed for the details.

Also, the obsolescence warning needed some minor tweaks (it turns out
that my advice to prepend a semi-colon was a bad idea, as a semi-colon
and a newline are produced by Emacs automatically).

Please always test the build after you patch it, to make sure the
behavior is correct and no bugs creep in.

Finally, in the future please provide commit log messages for the
changes formatted in the ChanegLog style, as described in CONTRIBUTE.
I wrote them for this commit, please see the commit for the details of
the formatting we use.

Thanks a lot for working on this.