Subject: bug in online documentation presentation
From: Eric Weaver <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Eric Matthew Weaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2016 18:24:42 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

bug in online documentation presentation ... not the content, but the
presentation... I'm reading the documentation page-by-page and am noticing
an inconsistency with the presence (or lack) of the bottom row of links.
For example...

page 1, "
https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/elisp/Introduction.html#Introduction"
has
the top & bottom rows of Next, Previous, Up, Contents, Index
but page 1.1, "
https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/elisp/Caveats.html#Caveats"
has only the top row
page 1.2, "
https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/elisp/Lisp-History.html#Lisp-History"
has both the top & bottom rows
but page 1.3, "
https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/elisp/Conventions.html#Conventions"
has only the top row
and page 1.3.1, "
https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/elisp/Some-Terms.html#Some-Terms"
has only the top row
page 1.3.2, "
https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/elisp/nil-and-t.html#nil-and-t"
has both the top & bottom rows
but page 1.3.3, "
https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/elisp/Evaluation-Notation.html#Evaluation-Notation"
has only the top row

the pattern so far is that if the outline hierarchical address ends with an
odd number, then the page does not get a bottom row of links.

Would be great if you can fix it, but it's not the end of the world.

Tnx.  /Eric