Subject: 24.5; How do I get rid of this message? " Saving file /home/j/var/emacs/recentf...Wrote /home/j/var/emacs/recentf". There does not seem to be a recentf variable to get rid of this message.
From: Joe M <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2016 14:39:19 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

From: joe general purpose user <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: 24.5; How do I get rid of this message? " Saving file /home/j/var/emacs/recentf...Wrote /home/j/var/emacs/recentf". There does not seem to be a recentf variable to get rid of this message.
--text follows this line--

Hello,

I keep getting this message " Saving file
/home/j/var/emacs/recentf...Wrote /home/j/var/emacs/recentf". There does
not seem to be a recentf variable to get rid of this message. It can get
annoying if the message keeps repeating at a certain interval.

For example, Saving file /home/j/var/emacs/recentf...Wrote /home/j/var/emacs/recentfSaving file /home/j/var/emacs/recentf...Wrote /home/j/var/emacs/recentfSaving file /home/j/var/emacs/recentf...Wrote /home/j/var/emacs/recentfSaving file /home/j/var/emacs/recentf...Wrote /home/j/var/em acs/recentfSaving file /home/j/var/emacs/recentf...Wrote /home/j/var/emacs/recentfSaving file /home/j/var/emacs/recentf...Wrote /home/j/var/emacs/recentfSaving file /home/j/var/emacs/recentf...Wrote /home/j/var/emacs/recentfSaving file /home/j/var/emacs/recentf...Wrote /ho...

In GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit)
 of 2016-03-05 on master
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11704000
System Description:	Gentoo Base System release 2.2

Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/usr --build=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
 --host=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu --mandir=/usr/share/man
 --infodir=/usr/share/info --datadir=/usr/share --sysconfdir=/etc
 --localstatedir=/var/lib --disable-dependency-tracking
 --disable-silent-rules --libdir=/usr/lib64 --program-suffix=-emacs-24
 --infodir=/usr/share/info/emacs-24 --localstatedir=/var
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --with-gameuser=:gamestat --without-compress-install
 --with-file-notification=inotify --enable-acl --without-dbus --with-gpm
 --without-hesiod --without-kerberos --without-kerberos5 --without-xml2
 --without-selinux --with-gnutls --without-wide-int --with-zlib
 --with-sound=no --with-x --without-ns --without-gconf --with-gsettings
 --without-toolkit-scroll-bars --with-gif --with-jpeg --with-png
 --with-rsvg --with-tiff --with-xpm --without-imagemagick --with-xft
 --without-libotf --without-m17n-flt --with-x-toolkit=lucid
 --without-xaw3d GENTOO_PACKAGE=app-editors/emacs-24.5-r1 'CFLAGS=-O2
 -march=native -pipe' CPPFLAGS= 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1 -Wl,--as-needed''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_COLLATE: C
  value of $LC_CTYPE: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Haskell

Minor modes in effect:
  flyspell-mode: t
  helm-descbinds-mode: t
  helm-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  helm-adaptive-mode: t
  helm-autoresize-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  haskell-indentation-mode: t
  hindent-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  global-subword-mode: t
  subword-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  projectile-global-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  Info-breadcrumbs-in-mode-line-mode: t
  global-flycheck-mode: t
  flycheck-mode: t
  diredp-highlight-autofiles-mode: t
  global-anzu-mode: t
  anzu-mode: t
  global-aggressive-indent-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  volatile-highlights-mode: t
  global-surround-mode: t
  surround-mode: t
  smartparens-global-mode: t
  smartparens-mode: t
  global-pretty-mode: t
  pretty-mode: t
  indent-guide-global-mode: t
  indent-guide-mode: t
  highlight-indentation-mode: t
  column-enforce-mode: t
  global-highlight-parentheses-mode: t
  highlight-parentheses-mode: t
  evil-snipe-override-local-mode: t
  evil-snipe-local-mode: t
  evil-snipe-override-mode: t
  evil-snipe-mode: t
  global-evil-visualstar-mode: t
  evil-visualstar-mode: t
  evil-commentary-mode: t
  evil-escape-mode: t
  evil-mode: t
  evil-local-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  global-whitespace-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  auto-fill-function: do-auto-fill
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Note: file is write protected
Using vacuous schema
Wrote /home/j/var/emacs/desktop/lock
Desktop: 1 frame, 77 buffers restored.
Starting Emacs daemon.
Scanning declarations in ProcessMarketsToChartData.hs... ( 95%)
Sorting declarations in ProcessMarketsToChartData.hs...done
When done with a buffer, type C-x #
Scanning declarations in GetMarketsServer.hs... ( 96%)
Sorting declarations in GetMarketsServer.hs...done

Load-path shadows:
/home/j/.emacs.d/elpa/helm-20160808.2223/helm-multi-match hides /home/j/.emacs.d/elpa/helm-core-20160808.2154/helm-multi-match

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug winner helm-command helm-elisp helm-eval
edebug server nxml-uchnm rng-xsd xsd-regexp rng-cmpct haskell-doc
inf-haskell haskell-decl-scan haskell haskell-completions haskell-load
haskell-commands highlight-uses-mode haskell-modules haskell-sandbox
haskell-repl haskell-debug haskell-interactive-mode
haskell-presentation-mode haskell-collapse haskell-navigate-imports
haskell-compile haskell-process haskell-session haskell-hoogle xcscope
company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags company-gtags
company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files company-capf
company-cmake company-xcode company-clang company-semantic company-eclim
company-template company-css company-nxml company-bbdb vc-git flyspell
init s ucs-normalize esh-var esh-io esh-cmd esh-opt esh-ext esh-proc
esh-arg esh-groups eshell esh-module esh-mode esh-util mode-line-init
smart-mode-line rich-minority diminish helm-init ace-jump-helm-line
linum helm-descbinds helm-projectile helm-mode helm-files tramp
tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver shell ffap helm-buffers
helm-elscreen helm-tags helm-bookmark helm-info helm-locate
helm-external helm-net xml url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand
url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util url-parse
url-vars mailcap helm-types helm-swoop helm-grep helm-regexp helm-utils
helm-help helm-adaptive helm helm-source helm-multi-match helm-lib
helm-config helm-easymenu async-bytecomp async javascript-init
json-reformat js3-mode js3 imenu js3-parse js3-browse js3-highlight
js3-ast js3-messages js3-scan js3-util js3-vars cc-langs cc-mode
cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars
cc-defs js3-externs barrelfish-init misc-modes google-c-style
ebuild-init idris-init idris-mode idris-commands idris-hole-list
idris-ipkg-mode idris-tree-info idris-warnings-tree idris-info
idris-repl idris-highlight-input idris-prover inferior-idris
idris-warnings idris-log idris-events idris-simple-indent idris-syntax
idris-common-utils idris-settings idris-keys idris-core idris-compat
eldoc prop-menu haskell-init smartparens-haskell haskell-mode
haskell-cabal haskell-utils haskell-font-lock haskell-indentation
haskell-string haskell-sort-imports haskell-lexeme haskell-align-imports
haskell-compat haskell-complete-module haskell-ghc-support flymake
dabbrev haskell-customize hindent lisp-init redshank-loader redshank
skeleton paredit vendor-init remaining-packages desktop frameset
yasnippet sr-speedbar warnings superword subword smex savehist
register-list projectile grep compile ibuf-ext ibuffer info+
flycheck-pos-tip pos-tip flycheck json rx subr-x seq seq-24
dropdown-list dired+ image-dired image-file highlight dired-aux
bookmark+ bookmark+-key dired-x bookmark+-1 bookmark+-bmu help-mode
bookmark+-lit bookmark pp anzu mule-util aggressive-indent
auto-complete-init company pcase csv-init format-init etags
volatile-highlights surround smartparens-config smartparens-html
smartparens dash pretty-mode-plus indent-guide highlight-indentation
column-enforce-mode mu4e-init mutt-init org-init org org-macro
org-footnote org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities
noutline outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob
ob-table ob-exp org-src ob-keys ob-comint ob-core ob-eval org-compat
org-macs org-loaddefs find-func site-gentoo mu4e mu4e-speedbar speedbar
sb-image ezimage dframe mu4e-main mu4e-context mu4e-view cal-menu
calendar cal-loaddefs epa derived epg comint ansi-color mu4e-headers
mu4e-compose mu4e-draft mu4e-actions ido rfc2368 smtpmail auth-source
eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra cconv eieio-core gnus-util
password-cache sendmail mu4e-mark mu4e-message html2text mu4e-proc
mu4e-utils doc-view jka-compr image-mode dired mu4e-lists mu4e-vars
message idna format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader cl mu4e-meta
themes zenburn-theme easy-mmode highlight-parentheses keybindings
cl-macs gv avy evil-init evil-snipe evil-visualstar evil-commentary
evil-commentary-integration evil-escape evil evil-integration evil-maps
evil-commands evil-jumps evil-command-window evil-types evil-search
evil-ex evil-macros evil-repeat evil-states evil-core evil-common
windmove rect evil-digraphs evil-vars ring info undo-tree-init undo-tree
diff functions advice help-fns builtins ispell edmacro kmacro sgml-mode
hideshow rng-nxml rng-valid rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse nxml-parse
rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-ns nxml-mode nxml-outln
nxml-rap nxml-util nxml-glyph nxml-enc xmltok thingatpt w3m-load
browse-url whitespace help-at-pt hl-line time-date paren
builtins-locations recentf tree-widget wid-edit cl-loaddefs cl-lib
easymenu saveplace package-init finder-inf package epg-config tooltip
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 903354 107318)
 (symbols 48 69318 0)
 (miscs 40 7455 357)
 (strings 32 172941 20344)
 (string-bytes 1 5324718)
 (vectors 16 91524)
 (vector-slots 8 1313654 7284)
 (floats 8 371 562)
 (intervals 56 15398 99)
 (buffers 960 96)
 (heap 1024 61843 2026))