Subject: Re: bug#24069: [PATCHv4] Re: bug#24069: gcc man page is broken
From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
To: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2017 16:16:15 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi!

Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]> skribis:

>>From 7229d7887289316031847893f8ad020ff07bdcdd Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
> From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2017 09:27:31 -0400
> Subject: [PATCH] gnu: gcc: Fix manual pages.
>
> Fixes bug #24069. perl is made a native input to all of the gcc-* packages
> except for gcc-boot0; perl-boot0 is made a native input to gcc-final.
>
> * gnu/packages/patches/gcc-fix-texi2pod.patch: Add patch file to fix texi2pod.
> * gnu/local.mk (dist_patch_DATA): Register it.
> * gnu/packages/gcc.scm (gcc-4.7, gcc-4.8, gcc-4.9, gcc-5): Use it.
> (gcc-4.7)[native-inputs]: Add perl.
> (gcc-4.9)[native-inputs]: Likewise.
> * gnu/packages/commencement.scm (gcc-boot0)[native-inputs]: Filter out perl.
> (gcc-final)[native-inputs]: Add perl-boot0.

Efraim pushed the patch as 19d27131968355a1da962e52163df51e0e03aba1 so I
think we’re all set.  Thank you!

The definition of ‘gcc-final’ in (gnu packages commencement) has an
explicit #:allowed-references white list, so we can be sure it won’t
retain a reference to Perl.

Ludo’.