Subject: `DATA and 'DATA look the same in Guile INFO in emacs on tty & X11
From: myglc2 <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2016 16:09:37 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello Guile,

You probably already know this, but, when viewing the Guile INFO on
emacs in tty or X11, the "Expression Syntax" part of the manual reads:

[...]
(quote DATA)
’DATA
[...]
(quasiquote DATA)
‘DATA
[...]

That is, the 'DATA and `DATA examples are both typeset with single
quote.

Upshot: One looks at things that are identical when one first reads how
they differ and wonders if one is going blind ;-)

I guess this is a problem with how @itemx handles backquote on these
platforms because the ./ref/api-evaluation.texi has a backquote ...

@itemx `@var{data}

... and is correctly typeset in the HTML doc.

Anyway, maybe the 'DATA & `DATA examples could be marked up differently
to overcome this?