Subject: 25.0.95; shr-fill-line multiplies the number of images
From: Katsumi Yamaoka <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2016 19:28:11 +0900
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

If `gnus-inhibit-images' is t, shr shows the alt text of an image
in the article buffer.  If the alt text is long, `shr-fill-line'
devides it into two or more lines, and each line will get to
have a link to the image individually.  In that case, those
number of images will be displayed when a user invokes the WDW
command (gnus-article-show-images) even if there should be only
a single image.

The cause of this problem is that `shr-fill-line' divides not
only the alt text but also the `image-url' text property.  So,
I'd like to install the following change.  This is the right
fix, isn't it?

Regards,

--- shr.el~	2016-03-21 22:00:40.983451400 +0000
+++ shr.el	2016-07-20 10:26:30.487350400 +0000
@@ -636,13 +636,12 @@
       ;; Success; continue.
       (when (= (preceding-char) ?\s)
 	(delete-char -1))
-      (let ((face (get-text-property (point) 'face))
+      (let ((props (text-properties-at (point)))
 	    (background-start (point)))
 	(insert "\n")
 	(shr-indent)
-	(when face
-	  (put-text-property background-start (point) 'face
-			     `,(shr-face-background face))))
+	(when props
+	  (add-text-properties background-start (point) props)))
       (setq start (point))
       (shr-vertical-motion shr-internal-width)
       (when (looking-at " $")