Subject: 24.5; Emacs exits unexpectedly with M-x showkey-log-mode RET
From: Wensheng Xie <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2016 18:49:29 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Dear GNU/Emacs:

I have the following issue:

1. start Emacs (start with -Q will not recognize showkey-log-mode)
1.1 M-x toggle-debug-on-error
2. M-x list-package
3. install showkey 20160704.1421with I and X
4. M-x showkey-log-mode RET
5. emacs exits

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Font `-*-Lucida
Console-normal-r-*-*-12-*-*-*-c-*-iso8859-1' is not defined")
  x-create-frame(((visibility) (vertical-scroll-bars . right)
(horizontal-scroll-bars) (user-position . t) (unsplittable . t) (name .
"*KEYS*") (right-fringe . 0) (left-fringe . 0) (minibuffer) (tool-bar-lines
. 0) (menu-bar-lines . 0) (width . 65) (left . -1) (top . 50)))
  x-create-frame-with-faces(((font . "-*-Lucida
Console-normal-r-*-*-12-*-*-*-c-*-iso8859-1") (background-color .
"LightSteelBlue") (vertical-scroll-bars . right) (horizontal-scroll-bars)
(user-position . t) (unsplittable . t) (name . "*KEYS*") (right-fringe . 0)
(left-fringe . 0) (minibuffer) (tool-bar-lines . 0) (menu-bar-lines . 0)
(width . 65) (left . -1) (top . 50)))
  make-frame(nil)
  (lambda nil (make-frame pop-up-frame-alist))()
  display-buffer-pop-up-frame(#<buffer *KEYS*> nil)
  display-buffer--maybe-pop-up-frame-or-window(#<buffer *KEYS*> nil)
  display-buffer(#<buffer *KEYS*> nil)
  temp-buffer-window-show(#<buffer *KEYS*> nil)
  showkey-log-mode(toggle)
  call-interactively(showkey-log-mode record nil)
  command-execute(showkey-log-mode record)
  execute-extended-command(nil "showkey-log-mode")
  call-interactively(execute-extended-command nil nil)
  command-execute(execute-extended-command)

bt full and xbacktrace are attached.
(gdb) run emacs
Starting program: /usr/bin/emacs emacs
[Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]
Using host libthread_db library "/usr/lib/libthread_db.so.1".
[New Thread 0xb51bcb40 (LWP 25595)]
[New Thread 0xb47ffb40 (LWP 25596)]
[New Thread 0xb3dffb40 (LWP 25597)]

Thread 1 "emacs" received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x081f6427 in ?? ()
(gdb) bt full
#0  0x081f6427 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#1  0x08112250 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#2  0x0809dbd0 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#3  0x0809fa4e in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#4  0x08187763 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#5  0x080705fb in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#6  0x08070615 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#7  0x0808dd98 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#8  0x08126fdf in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#9  0x081285e2 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#10 0x08129fc8 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#11 0x0818765c in ?? ()
---Type <return> to continue, or q <return> to quit---
No symbol table info available.
#12 0x0811d2c0 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#13 0x0818755b in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#14 0x081213d4 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#15 0x081216af in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#16 0x080593c8 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#17 0xb61f1536 in __libc_start_main () from /usr/lib/libc.so.6
No symbol table info available.
#18 0x08059ebf in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.

(gdb) xbacktrace
Undefined command: "xbacktrace".  Try "help".

In GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.20.6)
 of 2016-06-05 on juergen
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11803000
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-xft
 'CFLAGS=-march=i686 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector-strong'
 CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro'

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: zh_CN.utf8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=fcitx
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Importing package-keyring.gpg...done
Using a proxy for http...
Contacting host: 10.10.40.10:80 [4 times]
Loading /home/wxie/.quicklisp/slime-helper.el (source)...done
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Debug on Error enabled globally

Load-path shadows:
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/org-entities hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/org-entities
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/ob-table hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-table
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/org-inlinetask hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/org-inlinetask
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/ox hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ox
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/org-pcomplete hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/org-pcomplete
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/org-footnote hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/org-footnote
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/ob-matlab hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-matlab
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/org-timer hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/org-timer
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/org-capture hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/org-capture
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/org-bibtex hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/org-bibtex
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/ob-lob hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-lob
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/org-info hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/org-info
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/ob-fortran hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-fortran
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/org-plot hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/org-plot
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/ob-octave hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-octave
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/org-mobile hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/org-mobile
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/ob-awk hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-awk
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/ob-python hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-python
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/ob-emacs-lisp hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-emacs-lisp
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/ox-odt hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ox-odt
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/org-w3m hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/org-w3m
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/ob-C hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-C
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/ob-sql hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-sql
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/ob-calc hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-calc
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/org-irc hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/org-irc
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/org-habit hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/org-habit
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/org-macro hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/org-macro
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/ox-publish hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ox-publish
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/ob-haskell hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-haskell
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/ob-ditaa hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-ditaa
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/ob-org hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-org
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/org-eshell hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/org-eshell
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/org-colview hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/org-colview
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/ob-screen hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-screen
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/ox-man hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ox-man
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/org-install hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/org-install
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/ob-lilypond hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-lilypond
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/ob-ruby hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-ruby
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/ox-icalendar hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ox-icalendar
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/ob-sass hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-sass
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/ox-ascii hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ox-ascii
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/ob-tangle hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-tangle
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/ob-perl hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-perl
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/ob-latex hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-latex
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/ox-html hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ox-html
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/ob-shen hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-shen
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/org-feed hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/org-feed
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/ob-core hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-core
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/ob-ledger hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-ledger
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/ob-exp hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-exp
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/org-agenda hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/org-agenda
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/ob-scala hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-scala
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/ob-css hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-css
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/org-ctags hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/org-ctags
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/org-id hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/org-id
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/org-gnus hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/org-gnus
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/ox-latex hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ox-latex
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/org-docview hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/org-docview
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/org-loaddefs hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/org-loaddefs
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/org-macs hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/org-macs
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/ob-ocaml hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-ocaml
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/org-mouse hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/org-mouse
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/ox-texinfo hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ox-texinfo
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/org-table hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/org-table
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/ob-mscgen hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-mscgen
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/org-crypt hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/org-crypt
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/ox-beamer hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ox-beamer
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/org-faces hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/org-faces
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/ob-gnuplot hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-gnuplot
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/org-protocol hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/org-protocol
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/ob-eval hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-eval
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/ox-md hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ox-md
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/ob-java hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-java
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/org hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/org
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/org-version hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/org-version
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/org-attach hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/org-attach
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/org-src hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/org-src
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/ob-js hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-js
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/org-list hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/org-list
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/ob-plantuml hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-plantuml
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/ob hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/ob-R hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-R
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/ob-dot hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-dot
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/ob-sqlite hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-sqlite
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/ob-picolisp hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-picolisp
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/org-archive hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/org-archive
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/ob-scheme hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-scheme
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/ox-org hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ox-org
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/ob-makefile hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-makefile
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/ob-lisp hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-lisp
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/org-rmail hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/org-rmail
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/org-compat hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/org-compat
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/ob-asymptote hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-asymptote
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/org-indent hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/org-indent
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/org-bbdb hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/org-bbdb
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/org-clock hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/org-clock
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/ob-io hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-io
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/org-datetree hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/org-datetree
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/ob-ref hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-ref
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/ob-clojure hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-clojure
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/org-mhe hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/org-mhe
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/ob-keys hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-keys
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/ob-comint hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-comint
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/ob-maxima hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/ob-maxima
/home/wxie/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160711/org-element hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/org/org-element

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail cus-start cus-load ob-sh shell
ob-lisp ox-latex ox-icalendar ox-html ox-ascii ox-publish ox org-element
avl-tree org-habit org-agenda org org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete
pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob
ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-src ob-keys ob-comint
ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs find-func cal-menu
calendar cal-loaddefs org-install slime-fancy slime-trace-dialog
slime-fontifying-fu slime-package-fu slime-references
slime-compiler-notes-tree slime-scratch slime-presentations advice
bridge slime-macrostep macrostep slime-mdot-fu slime-enclosing-context
slime-fuzzy slime-fancy-trace slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c
slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc eldoc slime-repl elp slime-parse
slime derived edmacro kmacro gud apropos compile etags arc-mode
archive-mode noutline outline easy-mmode pp comint ansi-color ring
hyperspec thingatpt browse-url slime-autoloads mm-archive message idna
cl-macs format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-utils network-stream starttls
url-http tls mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums url-gw
url-cache url-auth url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers
url-parse auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra
cconv eieio-core gnus-util mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr password-cache
url-vars epg info easymenu package epg-config cl gv cl-loaddefs cl-lib
time-date china-util tooltip electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 8 321628 44082)
 (symbols 24 39089 0)
 (miscs 20 74 240)
 (strings 16 79408 41048)
 (string-bytes 1 2270946)
 (vectors 8 33278)
 (vector-slots 4 1369111 9042)
 (floats 8 149 460)
 (intervals 28 289 0)
 (buffers 512 11)
 (heap 1024 27916 1520))