Subject: 25.1.50; wrong alignment in complex text layout (CTL) in eshell
From: Salman Mohammadi <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 29 May 2016 21:18:54 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

If the command at the first line in eshell starts with a Latin word the 
alignment of
all following lines are LTR and it is OK. But if the first command is
RTL (for instance Persian script) all the proceeding lines are RTL
without considering where the following commands are RTL or LTR.

Here are some screenshots:

https://i.imgur.com/ravHXi3.png
https://i.imgur.com/bsnpGVD.png

In GNU Emacs 25.1.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.14.5)
of 2016-05-29 built on debian
Repository revision: b90e8904092eb7aa5b4cb3ede822d10422b70976
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11604000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 8.4 (jessie)

Recent messages:
Loading cua-base...done
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Making completion list...
funcall-interactively: End of buffer [2 times]

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS
NOTIFY ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11

Important settings:
value of $LANG: en_US.utf8
locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
erc-services-mode: t
erc-list-mode: t
erc-menu-mode: t
erc-autojoin-mode: t
erc-ring-mode: t
erc-networks-mode: t
erc-pcomplete-mode: t
erc-track-mode: t
erc-match-mode: t
erc-button-mode: t
erc-fill-mode: t
erc-stamp-mode: t
erc-netsplit-mode: t
erc-irccontrols-mode: t
erc-noncommands-mode: t
erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
erc-readonly-mode: t
delete-selection-mode: t
cua-mode: t
tooltip-mode: t
global-eldoc-mode: t
electric-indent-mode: t
mouse-wheel-mode: t
file-name-shadow-mode: t
global-font-lock-mode: t
font-lock-mode: t
blink-cursor-mode: t
auto-composition-mode: t
auto-encryption-mode: t
auto-compression-mode: t
line-number-mode: t
transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message puny seq dired dired-loaddefs
rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils wilson-theme server erc-services erc-list
erc-menu erc-join erc-ring erc-networks erc-pcomplete pcomplete comint
ansi-color ring erc-track erc-match erc-button wid-edit erc-fill
erc-stamp erc-netsplit erc-goodies erc erc-backend erc-compat
format-spec auth-source cl-seq eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile
cl-extra help-mode easymenu cconv eieio-core cl-macs gv eieio-loaddefs
password-cache thingatpt pp edmacro kmacro cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib
delsel cua-base cus-start cus-load time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win
x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 133581 12522)
(symbols 48 25362 0)
(miscs 40 47 123)
(strings 32 29442 4255)
(string-bytes 1 886594)
(vectors 16 17873)
(vector-slots 8 501955 2437)
(floats 8 236 183)
(intervals 56 242 0)
(buffers 976 12)
(heap 1024 44982 1659))