Subject: 25.1.50; Foreground color stuck on new fringe bitmaps
From: Lionel Henry <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2016 18:04:34 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Eval this in the scratch buffer:

(defface test-face1 '((t :foreground "red")) "test1")
(defface test-face2 '((t :foreground "green")) "test2")

(let ((text1 (propertize "!" 'display '(left-fringe right-arrow test-face1)))
      (text2 (propertize "!" 'display '(left-fringe right-arrow test-face2)))
      (o1 (make-overlay 1 1))
      (o2 (make-overlay 100 100)))
  (overlay-put o1 'before-string text1)
  (overlay-put o2 'before-string text2))

Instead of getting a red and a green arrow, this produces two red arrows.

In GNU Emacs 25.1.50.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin13.4.0, NS appkit-1265.21 Version 10.9.5 (Build 13F1603))
 of 2016-04-21 built on builder10-9.local
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1348
Configured using:
 'configure --with-ns '--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application
 Support/Emacs/${version}/site-lisp:/Library/Application
 Support/Emacs/site-lisp''

Configured features:
NOTIFY ACL LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Warning: arch-dependent data dir ’/Users/build/workspace/Emacs-Multi-Build/label/mavericks/emacs-source/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/libexec/’: No such file or directory

For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Making completion list...
next-line: End of buffer

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message puny seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cl-extra help-mode cconv cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib dired
dired-loaddefs format-spec rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec password-cache
epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils
time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize term/common-win
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment
elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese charscript case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face
macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote kqueue
cocoa ns multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 205203 8806)
 (symbols 48 20595 0)
 (miscs 40 44 142)
 (strings 32 18130 5089)
 (string-bytes 1 552088)
 (vectors 16 34507)
 (vector-slots 8 661488 7881)
 (floats 8 176 37)
 (intervals 56 213 0)
 (buffers 976 12))