Subject: 25.0.50; issue with seq.el
From: Mrinmoy Das <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2016 22:08:07 +0530
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

This is the first time I am sending a bug-report, please bear with
me, incase I dont follow the protocols :-)

seq-2.14.tar (https://elpa.gnu.org/packages/seq.html), has a file
seq-25.el, where line 64 contains this
```
(require 'cl-extra) ;; for cl-subseq
```

Due to this line I was getting this error on startup
```
Lisp error: (error Recursive require for feature cl-extra)
```

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin14.4.0, NS appkit-1348.17
Version 10.10.4 (Build 14E46))
 of 2015-07-24 on Mrinmoys-MacBook-Air.local
Repository revision: 8e03731cb9083330939b2c9b2d3318f32e93e41d
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1404
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs/HEAD
 --enable-locallisppath=/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --infodir=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs/HEAD/share/info/emacs --without-dbus
 --without-gnutls --with-rsvg --with-imagemagick --with-ns
 --disable-ns-self-contained'

Configured features:
JPEG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK NOTIFY ACL LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS

Important settings:
  value of $LC_CTYPE: UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  which-key-mode: t
  global-linum-mode: t
  linum-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  display-battery-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  keyfreq-autosave-mode: t
  keyfreq-mode: t
  rainbow-identifiers-mode: t
  rainbow-delimiters-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  persp-mode: t
  projectile-global-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  flx-ido-mode: t
  flyspell-lazy-mode: t
  jabber-activity-mode: t
  ido-everywhere: t
  global-flycheck-mode: t
  flycheck-mode: t
  global-auto-complete-mode: t
  auto-complete-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  hs-minor-mode: t

Recent messages:
Loading /Users/goromlagche/.emacs.d/hipchat.el (source)...done
Loading /usr/local/Cellar/emacs/HEAD/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/custom.el.gz...
uncompressing custom.el.gz...done
Loading /usr/local/Cellar/emacs/HEAD/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/custom.el.gz...done
Loading /Users/goromlagche/.emacs.d/misc_conf.el (source)...done
Loading /Users/goromlagche/.emacs.d/org_conf.el (source)...done
Loading /Users/goromlagche/.emacs.d/basic.el (source)...done
Starting new Ispell process aspell with en_GB-ize dictionary...
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
You can run the command `toggle-frame-fullscreen' with <f11>

Load-path shadows:
/Users/goromlagche/.emacs.d/.cask/25.0.50.1/elpa/cask-20151123.528/cask
hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/cask
/Users/goromlagche/.emacs.d/.cask/25.0.50.1/elpa/cask-20151123.528/cask-bootstrap
hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/cask-bootstrap

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail ido-completing-read+ hideshow
zenburn-theme which-key linum autorevert filenotify hl-line delsel
elec-pair battery time server org_conf org-habit org-agenda org-clock
org-capture org org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete org-list org-faces
org-entities org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob
ob-table ob-exp org-src ob-keys ob-comint ob-core ob-eval org-compat
org-macs org-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs misc_conf keyfreq
elm-mode elm-interactive elm-font-lock elm-indent elm-format elm-tags
elm-util inf-haskell haskell-decl-scan imenu haskell-mode haskell-cabal
haskell-utils haskell-font-lock haskell-indentation haskell-string
haskell-sort-imports haskell-lexeme haskell-align-imports haskell-compat
haskell-complete-module noutline outline flymake etags xref project
dabbrev haskell-customize let-alist rainbow-identifiers color
rainbow-delimiters circe lui-irc-colors irc make-tls-process lcs
lui-format lui tracking shorten paren circe-compat jka-compr
persp-projectile perspective projectile grep ibuf-ext ibuffer thingatpt
web-mode disp-table flx-ido flx flyspell ispell flyspell-lazy hipchat
jabber jabber-notifications notifications jabber-libnotify dbus
jabber-awesome jabber-osd jabber-wmii jabber-xmessage jabber-festival
jabber-sawfish jabber-ratpoison jabber-tmux jabber-screen jabber-socks5
jabber-ft-server jabber-si-server jabber-ft-client jabber-ft-common
jabber-si-client jabber-si-common jabber-feature-neg jabber-truncate
jabber-time jabber-autoaway jabber-vcard-avatars jabber-chatstates
jabber-events jabber-vcard jabber-avatar jabber-activity jabber-watch
jabber-modeline jabber-ahc-presence jabber-ahc jabber-version
jabber-ourversion jabber-muc-nick-completion hippie-exp jabber-browse
jabber-search jabber-register jabber-roster jabber-presence jabber-muc
jabber-bookmarks jabber-private jabber-muc-nick-coloring hexrgb
jabber-widget jabber-disco jabber-chat jabber-history jabber-chatbuffer
jabber-alert jabber-iq jabber-core jabber-console sgml-mode ewoc
jabber-keymap jabber-sasl sasl sasl-anonymous sasl-login sasl-plain fsm
jabber-logon jabber-conn srv dns starttls tls gnutls jabber-xml
jabber-menu jabber-util twittering-mode url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util
mailcap elfeed-show message idna rfc822 mml mml-sec mailabbrev
mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader shr dom elfeed-db elfeed-lib avl-tree
elfeed-search bookmark pp wid-edit elfeed url-queue browse-url url-parse
url-vars xml-query xml smex ido rubocop flycheck find-func rx subr-x
auto-complete-config auto-complete popup ag vc-svn find-dired tramp
tramp-compat auth-source eieio eieio-core gnus-util password-cache
tramp-loaddefs trampver shell pcomplete format-spec elscreen byte-opt
dired exec-path-from-shell custom_keybindings custom_functions no_git
hs-lint compile comint ansi-color ring epa-file epa derived epg
use-package cl diminish bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra seq cconv
bind-key easy-mmode advice edmacro kmacro info cask cl-seq cl-macs gv
cask-bootstrap package-build mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util help-fns help-mode easymenu
mail-prsvr json lisp-mnt shut-up epl git commander cl-loaddefs pcase
cl-lib f dash s ucs-normalize finder-inf package epg-config time-date
mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote gfilenotify cocoa ns multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 650621 41390)
 (symbols 48 50038 0)
 (miscs 40 128 398)
 (strings 32 151365 34759)
 (string-bytes 1 5842361)
 (vectors 16 93191)
 (vector-slots 8 2043840 133155)
 (floats 8 9636 3283)
 (intervals 56 467 125)
 (buffers 976 14))