Subject: Daylight Savings Time Bug in Date
From: Sarah Corriher <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2016 01:24:40 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

We detected a bug in the date program, which correlates to the daylight 
savings time change. A day disappeared from the date program between 
12:00 AM and 1:00 AM on 3/14/16. The date program began working as 
expected immediately after 1:00 AM. Here is the bizarre output that I 
got for basic commands on 3/14/16:

    $ date -d -0days +%Y-%m-%d
    2016-03-14

    $ date -d -1days +%Y-%m-%d
    2016-03-12

Notice that I was unable to obtain the expected output of 2016-03-13 for 
the day prior. I was able to reproduce this using version 8.13 on 
Debian, and 8.21 on Mint.

-- 
Sarah C. Corriher
Co-author of "Defy Your Doctor and Be Healed"
336-528-4120
http://HealthWyze.org

We're Health Wyze. Have you told your friends about us?