Subject: 25.1.50; Scrolling upwards with xwidget-webkit-browse-url
From: Shayan Pirani <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2016 17:17:13 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Bug Description: When browsing a web page with
xwidget-webkit-browse-url, pressing "M-v" to scroll upwards gives the
following error message: "Wrong type argument: wholenump, -50", and the
page is not scrolled up. One solution to this problem is to make a small
change in xwidget.c: inside the "xwidget-set-adjustment" definition,
change CHECK_NATNUM to lisp_h_CHECK_NUMBER, which will allow the value
argument to be a negative integer.

Steps to reproduce bug:
1) Start emacs with "emacs -q"
2) M-x xwidget-webkit-browse-url
3) Navigate to a web page
4) Press C-v to scroll down the page (this works fine)
5) Press M-v to try scrolling upwards (this will give the above error)

In GNU Emacs 25.1.50.2 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.18.7)
 of 2016-03-05 built on latitude
Repository revision: 227ab51db6517bda1a557391bebaa7882b51963e
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11801000
System Description:    Debian GNU/Linux testing-updates (sid)

Configured using:
 'configure --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-xwidgets'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY
LIBXML2 FREETYPE XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XWIDGETS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  pdf-occur-global-minor-mode: t
  erc-services-mode: t
  erc-list-mode: t
  erc-menu-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  erc-hl-nicks-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-fill-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-noncommands-mode: t
  erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
  erc-readonly-mode: t
  global-yascroll-bar-mode: t
  yascroll-bar-mode: t
  show-smartparens-global-mode: t
  show-smartparens-mode: t
  smartparens-global-mode: t
  smartparens-mode: t
  shackle-mode: t
  projectile-global-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  company-quickhelp-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  helm-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  helm-flx-mode: t
  guide-key-mode: t
  global-flycheck-mode: t
  global-evil-surround-mode: t
  evil-surround-mode: t
  evil-escape-mode: t
  global-anzu-mode: t
  anzu-mode: t
  evil-leader-mode: t
  evil-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  evil-local-mode: t
  persp-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Creating customization items...
Creating group...
Creating group entries...done
Creating customization items ...done
Resetting customization items...done
Creating customization setup...done
Custom-no-edit: You can’t edit this part of the Custom buffer
Mark saved where search started [2 times]
g g
SPC d k

Load-path shadows:
/home/bhai/.emacs.d/elpa/helm-20160304.713/helm-multi-match hides
/home/bhai/.emacs.d/elpa/helm-core-20160303.1321/helm-multi-match

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rfc822 mml mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader sendmail misearch multi-isearch eieio-opt speedbar sb-image
ezimage dframe help-fns helm-command helm-elisp helm-eval edebug
irony-cdb-libclang irony-cdb-json json image-file lisp-mnt vc
vc-dispatcher vc-git diff-mode map irony-cdb-clang-complete irony-cdb
cc-mode-expansions cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles
cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs winner flx recentf tree-widget ido
face-remap flycheck-irony irony-diagnostics company-irony
irony-completion irony-snippet company-c-headers gamegrid diminish
hl-line smart-tabs-mode delsel pdf-occur tablist tablist-filter
semantic/wisent/comp semantic/wisent semantic/wisent/wisent
semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic semantic/tag semantic/lex
semantic/fw mode-local cedet pdf-isearch let-alist pdf-misc pdf-tools
cus-edit cus-start cus-load pdf-view jka-compr pdf-cache pdf-info tq
pdf-util image-mode man term disp-table ehelp ediff-merg ediff-wind
ediff-diff ediff-mult ediff-help ediff-init ediff-util ediff
erc-services erc-list erc-menu erc-join erc-ring erc-networks
erc-pcomplete erc-track erc-match erc-netsplit erc-hl-nicks color
erc-button erc-fill erc-stamp wid-edit erc-goodies erc erc-backend
erc-compat yasnippet yascroll smartparens-config smartparens shackle
rainbow-delimiters helm-projectile projectile grep ibuf-ext ibuffer
ibuffer-loaddefs org-bullets nlinum linum irony two-column hydra lv
highlight-numbers parent-mode company-quickhelp pos-tip company-oddmuse
company-keywords company-etags etags xref project company-gtags
company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files company-capf
company-cmake company-xcode company-clang company-semantic company-eclim
company-template company-css company-nxml company-bbdb company chess
chess-engine chess-pgn chess-database mm-view mml-smime mml-sec epa
derived epg gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mail-utils smime dig
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util
ietf-drums mail-prsvr chess-display chess-var chess-random chess-module
chess-input chess-algebraic chess-fen chess-game chess-ply chess-pos
chess-message helm-gtags pulse which-func imenu helm-mode helm-files
image-dired tramp tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver shell pcomplete
format-spec dired-x dired-aux ffap helm-buffers helm-elscreen helm-tags
helm-bookmark helm-adaptive helm-info bookmark pp helm-locate helm-grep
helm-regexp helm-plugin helm-external helm-net browse-url xml url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util mailcap helm-utils compile comint ansi-color
helm-help helm-types helm-config helm-easymenu async-bytecomp async helm
easy-mmode helm-source eieio-compat helm-multi-match helm-lib dired
dired-loaddefs helm-flx guide-key s ucs-normalize popwin gnugo-imgen
xpm-m2z artist picture reporter xpm gnugo flycheck find-func rx subr-x
seq expand-region text-mode-expansions er-basic-expansions
expand-region-core expand-region-custom evil-surround
evil-nerd-commenter evil-nerd-commenter-operator evil-escape evil-anzu
anzu evil-leader evil evil-integration undo-tree diff evil-maps
evil-commands evil-jumps evil-command-window evil-types evil-search
evil-ex evil-macros evil-repeat evil-states evil-core evil-common
windmove thingatpt rect evil-digraphs evil-vars perspective advice
edmacro kmacro cl ace-window avy ring solarized-dark-theme solarized
dash finder-inf info package epg-config url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra
help-mode easymenu cconv eieio-core cl-macs gv eieio-loaddefs
cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib password-cache url-vars time-date mule-util
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame
cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian
slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting xwidget-internal
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1141896 356573)
 (symbols 48 56336 1)
 (miscs 40 479 1487)
 (strings 32 264787 155914)
 (string-bytes 1 7584333)
 (vectors 16 88733)
 (vector-slots 8 1629427 161365)
 (floats 8 3341 2248)
 (intervals 56 4110 1932)
 (buffers 976 36)
 (heap 1024 107438 92607))