Subject: Re: bug#22794: 25.0.91; new frame on console does not render properly
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2016 20:02:07 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: [email-masked]
> Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2016 08:19:21 -0500
> 
> After trying on a linux console:
> --8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
> emacs -Q -nw
> M-x make-frame
> --8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---
> The new frame does not render properly.

Not the new frame, the old frame.  You can see that if you type C-l to
refresh the display.  'make-frame' doesn't select the new frame, it
only creates it.

Anyway, this started happening long ago, when we made redisplay more
efficient and less eager to redraw frames, which exposed and even
older bug.  Now fixed on the emacs-25 branch.

Thanks.