Subject: 25.1.50; auto-fill-function gets not to work in some major-mode
From: Katsumi Yamaoka <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 17:59:28 +0900
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

Recipe:

$ emacs -Q
Eval: (with-temp-buffer (message-mode))

Then `auto-fill-mode' will get not to work when editing at least
a *.texi file using `texinfo-mode'.  In that case the value of
`auto-fill-function' is `message-do-auto-fill'.  This is because
`message-setup-fill-variables' sets `normal-auto-fill-function'
to `message-do-auto-fill'.  The change was made in the revono:

66d9ef95c0f9407d2a6d26bcd7ed84a303294b53

Regards,

In GNU Emacs 25.1.50.1 (i686-pc-cygwin, GTK+ Version 3.14.13)
 of 2016-02-23 built on localhost
Windowing system distributor 'The Cygwin/X Project', version 11.0.11702000
Configured using:
 'configure --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-xwidgets'