Subject: fill-paragraph stops working randomly
From: Noah Slater <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 14:40:51 +0000

Hey,

I am having some problems with fill-paragraph in emacs22.

I had initially raised this as a bug with Debian:

  Occasionally when editing a file, `fill-paragraph' will "stop working" on a
  certain section of the document. That is, a section which would be reformatted
  if I copied and pasted it into another emacs buffer will refuse to change when
  running this command.

  I do not how to reproduce as it only happens seemingly random. The paragraph
  that fill.el is refusing to operate on at the moment is:

    > > We need to consider the serialisation on its own merit and I would like to
    > > understand what JSON would buy us over a very
    > > simple textual serialisation as I proposed in my first email, like:

  If there is something I can run, some debug command, I am happy to run it the
  next time this happens to me.

                      -- http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=507354

Do you have any ideas?

-- 
Noah Slater, http://tumbolia.org/nslater