Subject: 25.0.50; Filesets are not saved to .emacs with filesets-save-config
From: Mihai Olteanu <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 May 2015 13:46:37 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I'm creating a new fileset using 'M-x fileset-add-buffer RET name RET'.
The fileset is successfully created. I then use the 'M-x
filesets-save-config' and the message in the minibuffer is 'wrote
c:/users/olteanum/AppData/Roaming/.emacs'. The datetime of the .emacs
file is indeed updated, but the file contents are not modified. I've
tried to save the filesets with the File-Filesets-SaveFilesets command
from the menu. Same behaviour. When I close and reopen emacs, the
filesets are lost.

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.1 (x86_64-w64-mingw32) of 2015-01-24 on KAEL
Repository revision: 02cbd38ae4e4a1e4d309a1bb27c031e154c53f27 Windowing
system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601 Configured using:
`configure --prefix=/z/emacs --host=x86_64-w64-mingw32
--target=x86_64-w64-mingw32 --build=x86_64-w64-mingw32 --with-wide-int
--with-jpeg --with-xpm --with-png --with-tiff --with-rsvg --with-xml2
--with-gnutls --with-sound=yes --with-file-notification=yes
--without-dbus --without-imagemagick 'CFLAGS=-Ofast -fomit-frame-pointer
-funroll-loops -g0 -pipe' 'LDFLAGS=-static-libgcc -static-libstdc++
-static -s -Wl,-s''

Configured features: XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS
LIBXML2 ZLIB

Important settings: value of $LANG: ENU locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: Python

Minor modes in effect: diff-auto-refine-mode: t desktop-save-mode: t
global-hi-lock-mode: t hi-lock-mode: t tooltip-mode: t
global-eldoc-mode: t electric-indent-mode: t mouse-wheel-mode: t
menu-bar-mode: t file-name-shadow-mode: t global-font-lock-mode: t
font-lock-mode: t blink-cursor-mode: t auto-composition-mode: t
auto-encryption-mode: t auto-compression-mode: t line-number-mode: t

Recent messages: Loading
c:/Users/olteanum/AppData/Roaming/.emacs.d/filesets-cache.el
(source)...done Can't guess python-indent-offset, using defaults: 4
ascfilter.py has auto save data; consider M-x recover-this-file Wrote
c:/Users/olteanum/AppData/Roaming/.emacs.d/.emacs.desktop.lock Desktop:
1 frame, 3 buffers restored. For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU
system, type C-h C-a.

Load-path shadows: None found.

Features: (shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message dired
format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail derived rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr cl mail-utils cl-extra help-fns cl-macs
seq jka-compr info vc-git diff-mode easy-mmode python json comint ring
ansi-color filesets easymenu pcase edmacro kmacro slime-autoloads
desktop frameset cl-loaddefs cl-lib gv package epg-config hi-lock
time-date tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table w32-win w32-vars
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment
elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp
files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
w32notify w32 multi-tty emacs)

Memory information: ((conses 16 163646 8986) (symbols 56 21499 0) (miscs
48 59 120) (strings 32 26115 5753) (string-bytes 1 733850) (vectors 16
12600) (vector-slots 8 410433 2411) (floats 8 87 48) (intervals 56 278
0) (buffers 976 14))