Subject: 24.3; Missing completion candidate variable
From: Giulio Petrucci <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2015 18:18:52 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I'm editing some elisp code in order to customize my org-mode
settings. I'm using company mode for completion. If Istart writing (setq
org-agenda-b...) the variable org-agenda-block-separator is correctly
shown among the completion candidates. But if I try something like

(setq org-agenda-custom-commands '(("b" "Test" (...) ((org-agenda-b...)))))

the candidate is ignored. I asked a question on emacs.stackexchange.com
and the company-mode author suggested me that this behaviour could be a
bug in elisp-completion-at-point (see
http://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/5324/variables-not-shown-in-company-mode/)

In GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.10.7)
 of 2014-03-07 on lamiak, modified by Debian
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11501000
System Description: Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS

Configured using:
 `configure '--build' 'x86_64-linux-gnu' '--build' 'x86_64-linux-gnu'
 '--prefix=/usr' '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib'
 '--localstatedir=/var/lib' '--infodir=/usr/share/info'
 '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--with-pop=yes'
 '--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs24:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.3/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.3/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp'
 '--with-crt-dir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu' '--with-x=yes'
 '--with-x-toolkit=gtk3' '--with-toolkit-scroll-bars'
 'build_alias=x86_64-linux-gnu' 'CFLAGS=-g -O2 -fstack-protector
 --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wall'
 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -Wl,-z,relro'
 'CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: it_IT.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: it_IT.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: it_IT.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  show-paren-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  helm-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  helm-match-plugin-mode: t
  helm-occur-match-plugin-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
M-x r e p o <backspace> <backspace> p o r t SPC b u
<down> <down> <down> <return>

Recent messages:
[yas] Reloaded everything (snippets will load just-in-time)... (some
errors, check *Messages*).
Loading /home/petrux/Dropbox/Org/org-config.el (source)...done
[yas] Loading for `lisp-interaction-mode', just-in-time: (lambda nil
(yas--load-directory-1 (quote
/home/petrux/.emacs.d/elpa/yasnippet-20141117.327/snippets/lisp-interaction-mode)
(quote lisp-interaction-mode)))!
[yas] Loading compiled snippets from
/home/petrux/.emacs.d/elpa/yasnippet-20141117.327/snippets/lisp-interaction-mode
[yas] Loading for `emacs-lisp-mode', just-in-time: (lambda nil
(yas--load-directory-1 (quote
/home/petrux/.emacs.d/elpa/yasnippet-20141117.327/snippets/emacs-lisp-mode)
(quote emacs-lisp-mode)))!
[yas] Loading compiled snippets from
/home/petrux/.emacs.d/elpa/yasnippet-20141117.327/snippets/emacs-lisp-mode
[yas] Loading for `prog-mode', just-in-time: (lambda nil
(yas--load-directory-1 (quote
/home/petrux/.emacs.d/elpa/yasnippet-20141117.327/snippets/prog-mode)
(quote prog-mode)))!
[yas] Loading compiled snippets from
/home/petrux/.emacs.d/elpa/yasnippet-20141117.327/snippets/prog-mode
Loading /home/petrux/.emacs.d/elpa/yasnippet-20141117.327/snippets/prog-mode/.yas-setup...done
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Load-path shadows:
/usr/share/emacs/24.3/site-lisp/debian-startup hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/debian-startup
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/latex-cjk-thai/thai-word hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/language/thai-word

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils paren eldoc company-files
company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags etags company-gtags
company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-capf company-cmake
company-ropemacs company-xcode company-clang company-semantic
company-eclim company-template company-css company-nxml company-bbdb
company-elisp org-agenda yasnippet help-mode company helm-mode
helm-files rx image-dired tramp tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs shell
dired-x dired-aux ffap thingatpt helm-buffers helm-elscreen helm-tags
helm-bookmark helm-adaptive helm-info helm-net browse-url xml url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util url-parse auth-source gnus-util mm-util mail-prsvr
password-cache url-vars mailcap bookmark pp helm-locate helm-help
helm-org org ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table org-footnote org-src
ob-comint ob-keys org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-faces
org-entities noutline outline easy-mmode org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob
org-compat org-macs ob-eval org-loaddefs format-spec find-func cal-menu
calendar cal-loaddefs helm-match-plugin helm-grep helm-regexp
helm-plugin grep helm-external helm-utils warnings dired compile comint
ansi-color ring helm advice advice-preload helm-source eieio byte-opt
bytecomp byte-compile cconv ido electric auctex-autoloads tex-site info
easymenu elpy-autoloads company-autoloads emr-autoloads edmacro kmacro
find-file-in-project-autoloads highlight-indentation-autoloads
idomenu-autoloads lispy-autoloads highlight-autoloads iedit-autoloads
ace-jump-mode-autoloads helm-autoloads async-autoloads
list-utils-autoloads help-fns cl-macs gv cl cl-lib
markdown-mode-autoloads multiple-cursors-autoloads noflet-autoloads
paredit-autoloads popup-autoloads projectile-autoloads
pkg-info-autoloads epl-autoloads finder-inf f-autoloads dash-autoloads
pyvenv-autoloads redshank-autoloads s-autoloads yasnippet-autoloads
package time-date tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel
x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list
newcomment lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)