Subject: Rendering problems and fill column
From: Mark Karpov <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2015 15:57:58 +0600
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello.

I use `fill-column-indicator' package, however, it introduces some
rendering problems, see this issue for example (other issues are also
known):

https://github.com/alpaker/Fill-Column-Indicator/issues/58

It may seem to be not a problem of vanilla Emacs, but the author of the
package says:

> This appears to be a regression in Emacs's display engine's handling
> of cursor text properties. I'll look into isolating the underlying
> issue and filing a bug report. I'll report back here (and close this
> issue) after doing so.

Not sure if he did so or not. If it's really a regression in Emacs's
display engine, can we hope that it will be fixed in Emacs 25? Also, in
my opinion, indication of fill column must be a built-in feature,
because it's even more important than indication of empty lines at the
end of file (which is implemented).

What is your opinion on this problem?

Best,

— Mark Karpov