Subject: 25.0.50; void-function eieio-constructor
From: Kaushal <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 16:33:30 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

I built emacs from git (commit
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/commit/?id=81d89d88aef5de720e7fbeecbfb295d6eaf6fd37
) and it runs fine except that it broke compatibility with a 3rd party
package on Melpa called gist ( https://github.com/defunkt/gist.el ).

I grepped for "eieio-constructor" in the package install directory but I
found nothing.

So probably some internal call to that ex-function is causing this error.

I get this on enabling `debug-on-error':

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-function eieio-constructor)
  eieio-constructor(gh-gist-api "api" :sync nil :cache t :num-retries 1)
  apply(eieio-constructor gh-gist-api ("api" :sync nil :cache t
:num-retries 1))
  gh-gist-api("api" :sync nil :cache t :num-retries 1)
  gist-get-api(nil)
  gist-list(nil)
  funcall-interactively(gist-list nil)
  #<subr call-interactively>(gist-list record nil)
  ad-Advice-call-interactively(#<subr call-interactively> gist-list record
nil)
  apply(ad-Advice-call-interactively #<subr call-interactively> (gist-list
record nil))
  call-interactively(gist-list record nil)
  command-execute(gist-list record)
  execute-extended-command(nil "gist-list")
  smex-read-and-run(("gist-list" "customize" "gist-buffer" "sml/setup"
"git-gutter+-commit" "git-gutter+-mode" "guide-key-mode" "sos-sel"
"list-packages" "count-words-region" "sos-diff" "zenburn"
"sos-discardco-force" "leuven" "kmacro-insert-counter"
"paradox-list-packages" "reload-init" "sos-up" "smyx" "modi-mode"
"edebug-defun" "global-unset-key" "sos-co-nolock" "unbind-from-modi-map"
"mc/insert-numbers" "modi/set-linum" "bzg-big-fringe-mode"
"mc--insert-number-and-increase" "modi/outshine-table-of-contents"
"fci-mode" "sos-discardco" "browse-url-firefox" "ggtags-update-tags"
"describe-personal-keybindings" "load-file" "ediff-buffers"
"toggle-truncate-lines" "revert-all-buffers" "calc" "sx-tab-newest"
"customize-face" "shell-script-mode" "query-exchange" "number/add"
"matlab-shell" "verilog-mode" "package-list-packages" "ag" "describe-char"
"emacs-lisp-mode" ...))
  smex()
  funcall-interactively(smex)
  #<subr call-interactively>(smex nil nil)
  ad-Advice-call-interactively(#<subr call-interactively> smex nil nil)
  apply(ad-Advice-call-interactively #<subr call-interactively> (smex nil
nil))
  call-interactively(smex nil nil)
  command-execute(smex)

Emacs version: GNU Emacs 25.0.50.10 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
2.10.4) of 2015-02-18