Subject: Re: Numpy failures
From: Federico Beffa <[email-masked]>
To: Andreas Enge <[email-masked]>
Cc: Guix-devel <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2015 09:30:16 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Andreas Enge <[email-masked]> writes:

> python-numpy-bootstrap currently fails its tests on hydra, which entails a
> bunch of other failures. On my own x86_64 machines, the build succeeds,
> however.

We believe the reason being the fact that hydra doesn't handle the flag
'#:substitutable?' properly. As a result we have the following
situation:

1. hydra builds a version of ATLAS optimized for its CPU locally.

2. 'python-numpy-bootstrap' and co., on some architectures, probably get
an incompatible version of ATLAS and therefore fail to pass some tests.

You can check in the build log of 'python-numpy-bootstrap' that ATLAS,
despite the flas, is substituted (no local build on the slave).

At some point we should fix the support for '#:substitutable?' on hydra
(or the upcoming 'guix publish').

Regards,
Fede