Subject: 25.0.50; package-list-packages: Failed to verify signature
From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2014 18:19:13 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I get this:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Failed to verify signature archive-contents.sig")
  signal(error ("Failed to verify signature archive-contents.sig"))
  error("Failed to verify signature %s" "archive-contents.sig")
  package--check-signature("http://elpa.gnu.org/packages/" "archive-contents")
  package--download-one-archive(("gnu" . "http://elpa.gnu.org/packages/") "archive-contents")
  package-refresh-contents()
  package-list-packages(nil)
  funcall-interactively(package-list-packages nil)
  call-interactively(package-list-packages record nil)
  command-execute(package-list-packages record)
  execute-extended-command(nil "package-list-packages" nil)
  funcall-interactively(execute-extended-command nil "package-list-packages" nil)
  call-interactively(execute-extended-command nil nil)
  command-execute(execute-extended-command)

Buffer *Error*:

Failed to verify signature archive-contents.sig:
Bad signature from 474F05837FBDEF9B GNU ELPA Signing Agent <[email-masked]>
Command output:
gpg: onepass_sig with unknown version 255
gpg: Signature made Thu Dec 18 05:05:02 2014 EST using DSA key ID 7FBDEF9B
gpg: BAD signature from "GNU ELPA Signing Agent <[email-masked]>" [unknown]

I have
$ gpg2 --version
gpg (GnuPG) 2.0.26
libgcrypt 1.6.2

what do I do now?

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.14 (x86_64-apple-darwin14.0.0, NS appkit-1343.16 Version 10.10.1 (Build 14B25))
 of 2014-12-17 on sds-MacBook-Pro.local
Repository revision: a2c489badd31fcb25b0a34418cd4e02f4239f1a1
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1343
Configured using:
 `configure --with-ns'

Configured features:
IMAGEMAGICK ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: C
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Debugger

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  rcirc-track-minor-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  url-handler-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t

Recent messages:
Contacting host: melpa.milkbox.net:80
Entering debugger...
Back to top level
Importing package-keyring.gpg...done
Contacting host: melpa.milkbox.net:80
Entering debugger...
Type "q" in help window to restore previous buffer.
Scanning for dabbrevs...done
Quit
Scanning for dabbrevs...done

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort bbdb-message mailalias cookie1 mail-extr gnus-msg gnus-art
mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo
gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo
parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win emacsbug sendmail
ucs-normalize auto-complete popup sbt-mode-rgrep sbt-mode-comint edmacro
sbt-mode-buffer sbt-mode-project scala-mode2-sbt scala-mode2-map
scala-mode2-fontlock scala-mode2-paragraph scala-mode2-indent
scala-mode2-lib rx scala-mode2-syntax autoload lisp-mnt tar-mode
mm-archive url-http url-gw url-cache url-auth url url-proxy url-privacy
url-history url-cookie url-domsuf mailcap finder-inf url-expand url-util
url-methods log-view noutline outline eieio-opt speedbar sb-image
ezimage dframe find-func smerge-mode cal-move cal-x mule-util cal-china
cal-bahai cal-islam cal-julian holidays hol-loaddefs cal-iso cal-hebrew
lunar solar cal-dst appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs kmacro disp-table network-stream nsm starttls tls cl-indent
etags find-dired grep derived pcase epg misearch multi-isearch ispell
log-edit message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums gmm-utils mailheader
pcvs-util whitespace debug help-mode apropos time-stamp dabbrev skeleton
bug-reference add-log remember dired-aux info sh-script smie python json
tex-mode sql view make-mode pig-mode vc-dir ewoc vc vc-dispatcher vc-hg
vc-git diff-mode easy-mmode package epg-config dired midnight warnings
gnus gnus-ems nnheader mail-utils wid-edit bbdb-mua bbdb-com crm
mailabbrev bbdb-loaddefs bbdb bbdb-site timezone rcirc server which-func
imenu url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-macs eieio byte-opt bytecomp
byte-compile cl-extra cconv eieio-core gnus-util mm-util mail-prsvr
password-cache url-vars paren help-at-pt desktop frameset cus-start
cus-load ido ess-toolbar ess-mouse mouseme thingatpt browse-url ess-menu
ess-swv ess-noweb ess-noweb-font-lock-mode ess-bugs-l essd-els ess-sas-d
ess-sas-l ess-sas-a shell pcomplete ess-sta-d ess-sta-l cc-vars cc-defs
make-regexp ess-sp6-d ess-sp3-d ess-julia ess-r-d compile ess-tracebug
format-spec ess-roxy advice help-fns hideshow ess-help ess-developer
ess-r-args ess-s-l ess ess-inf comint ansi-color ring ess-mode
ess-noweb-mode ess-utils ess-custom executable easymenu ess-compat
ess-site cl gv cl-loaddefs cl-lib time-date tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
cocoa ns multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 789391 46734)
 (symbols 48 69782 0)
 (miscs 40 7648 55)
 (strings 32 199560 14309)
 (string-bytes 1 5420596)
 (vectors 16 80718)
 (vector-slots 8 1916545 7391)
 (floats 8 895 1161)
 (intervals 56 43141 57)
 (buffers 976 95))

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://sds.podval.org/) on darwin Ns 10.3.1343
http://www.childpsy.net/ http://iris.org.il http://mideasttruth.com
http://camera.org http://jihadwatch.org http://openvotingconsortium.org
Hard work has a future payoff.  Laziness pays off NOW.