Subject: 24.3; dired-omit-extensions's default value omits COPYING.LIB
From: Reuben Thomas <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 15:50:27 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

This is a bit unfortunate for a GNU program! The pattern that matches
is, I presume, “*.lib”; the obvious question, for me, on a
case-sensitive filing system is, need it be case-insensitive? After all,
omitting .lib files seems sensible to me, but this is a .LIB file.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.10.7)
 of 2014-03-07 on lamiak, modified by Debian
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11600000
System Description:	Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS

Configured using:
 `configure '--build' 'x86_64-linux-gnu' '--build' 'x86_64-linux-gnu'
 '--prefix=/usr' '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib'
 '--localstatedir=/var/lib' '--infodir=/usr/share/info'
 '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--with-pop=yes'
 '--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs24:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.3/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.3/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp'
 '--with-crt-dir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu' '--with-x=yes'
 '--with-x-toolkit=gtk3' '--with-toolkit-scroll-bars'
 'build_alias=x86_64-linux-gnu' 'CFLAGS=-g -O2 -fstack-protector
 --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wall'
 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -Wl,-z,relro'
 'CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: en_GB.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: en_GB.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: en_GB.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=local
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Help

Minor modes in effect:
  show-paren-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  minibuffer-electric-default-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  global-whitespace-mode: t
  TeX-PDF-mode: t
  TeX-source-correlate-mode: t
  dtrt-indent-mode: t
  global-auto-complete-mode: t
  ido-everywhere: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p 
C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p 
C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-x k <return> C-x C-f 
<M-backspace> i n t <tab> <return> C-s C O P Y I N 
G . L B C-a C-s O P Y <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
C O P Y I N G C-s C-s C-s C-a C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n M-< C-x C-f C O P <tab> <tab> <tab> <return> C-x 
b <return> M-o M-o M-o M-o M-o M-o M-o C-h v d i r 
e d - o m i <tab> e x <tab> <return> C-s l i b C-s 
C-s C-a M-x r e p o r t b <backspace> - e m a c s - 
b u g <return>

Recent messages:
Omitted 3 lines.
Dired-Omit mode disabled
Omitting...
Omitted 3 lines.
Dired-Omit mode disabled
Omitting...
Omitted 3 lines.
Dired-Omit mode disabled
Type "q" to restore previous buffer.
Mark saved where search started

Load-path shadows:
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/.dir-locals hides /home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/.dir-locals
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/.dir-locals hides /home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/el-get/.dir-locals
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/dictionary/lpath hides /home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/auctex/lpath
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-xls-d hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-xls-d
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-mouse hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-mouse
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-noweb hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-noweb
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-sp5-d hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-sp5-d
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-sta-l hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-sta-l
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-comp hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-comp
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-compat hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-compat
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-toolbar hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-toolbar
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-arc-d hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-arc-d
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-dde hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-dde
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-lsp-l hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-lsp-l
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-r-gui hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-r-gui
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-install hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-install
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-sas-l hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-sas-l
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-utils hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-utils
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-rdired hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-rdired
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-sas-a hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-sas-a
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/msdos hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/msdos
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-font-lock hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-font-lock
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-jags-d hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-jags-d
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/make-regexp hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/make-regexp
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-gretl hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-gretl
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-sta-d hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-sta-d
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-s4-d hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-s4-d
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-trns hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-trns
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-custom hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-custom
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-mode hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-mode
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-noweb-mode hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-noweb-mode
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-roxy hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-roxy
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-debug hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-debug
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-rd hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-rd
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-sas-d hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-sas-d
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-menu hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-menu
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-r-args hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-r-args
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-sp3-d hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-sp3-d
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-omg-d hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-omg-d
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-vst-d hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-vst-d
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-sp6-d hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-sp6-d
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-s3-d hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-s3-d
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-swv hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-swv
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/mouseme hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/mouseme
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-inf hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-inf
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-sp4-d hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-sp4-d
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-help hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-help
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-r-d hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-r-d
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-developer hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-developer
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-s-l hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-s-l
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-sp6w-d hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-sp6w-d
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-omg-l hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-omg-l
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-tracebug hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-tracebug
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-r-a hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-r-a
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-noweb-font-lock-mode hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-noweb-font-lock-mode
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-send2 hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-send2
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-rutils hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-rutils
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-site hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-site
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-send hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-send
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/essd-els hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/essd-els
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-bugs-l hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-bugs-l
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-eldoc hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-eldoc
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-bugs-d hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-bugs-d
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/ess/lisp/ess-julia hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/ess/ess-julia
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/apache-mode/apache-mode hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/emacs-goodies-el/apache-mode
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/contrib/lisp/htmlize hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/emacs-goodies-el/htmlize
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/quack/quack hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/emacs-goodies-el/quack
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/graphviz-dot-mode/graphviz-dot-mode hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/emacs-goodies-el/graphviz-dot-mode
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/browse-kill-ring/browse-kill-ring hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/emacs-goodies-el/browse-kill-ring
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/filladapt/filladapt hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/emacs-goodies-el/filladapt
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/xrdb-mode/xrdb-mode hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/emacs-goodies-el/xrdb-mode
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/markdown-mode/markdown-mode hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/emacs-goodies-el/markdown-mode
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/cmake-mode/cmake-mode hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/cmake-mode
/home/rrt/.local/share/emacs/site-lisp/lilypond-font-lock hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/lilypond-font-lock
/home/rrt/.local/share/emacs/site-lisp/lilypond-mode hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/lilypond-mode
/home/rrt/.local/share/emacs/site-lisp/lilypond-init hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/lilypond-init
/usr/share/emacs/24.3/site-lisp/cdargs hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/cdargs
/home/rrt/.local/share/emacs/site-lisp/lilypond-indent hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/lilypond-indent
/usr/share/emacs/24.3/site-lisp/debian-startup hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/debian-startup
/home/rrt/.local/share/emacs/site-lisp/lilypond-song hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/lilypond-song
/home/rrt/.local/share/emacs/site-lisp/lilypond-what-beat hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/lilypond-what-beat
/home/rrt/.local/share/emacs/site-lisp/whitespace hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/whitespace
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/rst hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/textmodes/rst
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/flyspell hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/textmodes/flyspell
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/ispell hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/textmodes/ispell
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/cperl-mode/cperl-mode hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/progmodes/cperl-mode
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/flymake/flymake hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/progmodes/flymake
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/el-get/org-mode/.dir-locals hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/gnus/.dir-locals

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail dired-aux
mail-utils network-stream starttls cperl-mode misearch multi-isearch
json-mode json-reformat json-snatcher rx paredit js css-mode tern
url-http tls url-auth mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
url-gw json js3-mode imenu js3-parse js3-browse js3-highlight js3-ast
js3-messages js3-scan js3-util js3-vars cc-langs js3-externs autoconf
autoconf-mode sh-script smie vc-git make-mode flymake window-margin
org-element avl-tree org-indent org-rmail org-mhe org-irc org-info
org-gnus org-docview doc-view jka-compr image-mode org-bibtex bibtex
org-bbdb org-w3m face-remap flyspell ispell goto-addr smart-quotes
vlf-autoloads ff-paths uniquify paren server savehist minibuf-eldef
icomplete autorevert cus-start cus-load iimage org org-macro
org-footnote org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities noutline
outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle org-src ob-ref ob-lob
ob-table ob-keys ob-exp ob-comint ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs
find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs go-mode url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf
mailcap ffap dired-x desktop undo-tree diff whitespace url-util tex dbus
xml crm locate yasnippet derived quack cmuscheme scheme po-mode php-mode
etags cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align
cc-engine speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe org-loaddefs init-paredit
ido-hacks magit-autoloads geiser-load geiser frame-restore flymake-point
filladapt dtrt-indent warnings init-eldoc eldoc-extension
auto-complete-config auto-complete edmacro kmacro popup preview-latex
tex-site auto-loads .loaddefs el-get el-get-autoloads
el-get-list-packages el-get-dependencies el-get-build el-get-status pp
el-get-methods el-get-fossil el-get-svn el-get-pacman el-get-github-zip
el-get-github-tar el-get-http-zip el-get-http-tar el-get-hg el-get-go
el-get-git-svn el-get-fink el-get-emacswiki el-get-http el-get-notify
help-mode el-get-emacsmirror el-get-github el-get-git url-parse
auth-source eieio byte-opt gnus-util mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache
url-vars el-get-elpa package cl-macs gv el-get-darcs el-get-cvs
el-get-bzr el-get-brew el-get-builtin el-get-apt-get el-get-recipes
el-get-byte-compile el-get-custom el-get-core autoload bytecomp
byte-compile cconv cl dired user-site-loaddefs ido ess-toolbar ess-mouse
mouseme thingatpt browse-url ess-menu ess-swv ess-noweb
ess-noweb-font-lock-mode ess-bugs-l essd-els ess-sas-d ess-sas-l
ess-sas-a shell pcomplete ess-sta-d ess-sta-l cc-vars cc-defs
make-regexp ess-sp6-d ess-sp3-d ess-julia ess-r-d compile ess-tracebug
format-spec ess-roxy advice cl-lib advice-preload hideshow ess-help
ess-developer ess-r-args eldoc help-fns ess-s-l ess ess-inf comint
ansi-color ring ess-mode ess-noweb-mode ess-utils ess-custom executable
easymenu ess-compat ess-site emacs-goodies-el emacs-goodies-custom
emacs-goodies-loaddefs easy-mmode devhelp time-date tooltip ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process dbusbind dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty emacs)

-- 
http://rrt.sc3d.org/