Subject: 24.4.50; bug-reference-bug-regexp misses a useful bug id
From: Tom Tromey <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 10:25:25 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

It's reasonably common to see references to bugs like
"bug 7222".  However, the default value for bug-reference-bug-regexp
does not match this text.

A simple fix is to change the default regexp to

"\\([Bb]ug ?#?\\|[Pp]atch ?#\\|RFE ?#\\|PR [a-z-+]+/\\)\\([0-9]+\\(?:#[0-9]+\\)?\\)"

This just adds a "?" after the "#" so that both "bug #7222" and
"bug 7222" would match.

In GNU Emacs 24.4.50.10 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.10.9)
 of 2014-09-26 on bapiya
Repository revision: 117953 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Fedora Project', version 11.0.11404000
System Description:	Fedora release 20 (Heisenbug)

Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/home/tromey/Emacs/install'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS
NOTIFY LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  flyspell-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  projectile-global-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  erc-services-mode: t
  erc-list-mode: t
  erc-menu-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-fill-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-noncommands-mode: t
  erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
  erc-readonly-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  auto-fill-function: do-auto-fill

Recent input:
e C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-a <help-echo> 
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <help-echo> C-s C-s C-s C-s 
C-r C-r <help-echo> C-s C-s C-a C-u C-u C-n C-n C-n 
C-s C-s C-s C-a C-n C-n C-n TAB C-/ C-p TAB C-/ C-p 
TAB M-< C-u C-SPC C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-a C-s C-g C-u 
C-u C-n C-u C-n C-p C-p TAB C-/ C-v C-u C-n C-u C-n 
C-n TAB C-/ M-< C-x C-g C-u C-SPC C-v C-v C-v C-v C-v 
C-v C-v C-v C-v C-u C-u C-n C-u C-u C-n C-u C-n C-u 
C-n C-n TAB C-v C-v C-v C-v C-v C-v C-v C-v C-v C-v 
C-v C-v M-v M-v C-v C-v C-v C-v C-l C-v C-v C-v C-v 
C-v C-v C-v C-v C-v C-v C-v C-l C-n C-n C-f M-} M-} 
M-} M-} C-f C-v C-l C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s 
C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s 
C-s C-s C-a C-s b C-w C-r C-r C-a C-x s C-x b C-g C-r 
b u g SPC C-g C-z n C-x C-f . d i r <tab> <M-backspace> 
<backspace> <M-backspace> <M-backspace> . d i r <tab> 
<return> C-n C-n C-M-f C-M-b C-z n C-h C-g C-x b * 
s c r <tab> <return> C-u C-p C-p C-p C-o C-o b u g 
- r e f ESC TAB b u g ESC TAB C-j C-p C-p C-p ( s t 
r i n g = <backspace> - m a t c h SPC C-b SPC C-e SPC 
" b u g SPC 1 1 1 1 ) C-j C-] C-p C-e C-b " C-e C-j 
C-z n C-z n M-x r e p r t <backspace> o r <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> o r t <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Mark set
C-x C-g is undefined
syntax: ((statement 118317)), indent: 2
Mark saved where search started [2 times]
(No files need saving)
Quit [2 times]
C-h C-g is undefined
Entering debugger...
Quit
Scanning for dabbrevs...done

Load-path shadows:
/home/tromey/.emacs.d/elpa/css-mode-1.0/css-mode hides /home/tromey/Emacs/install/share/emacs/24.4.50/lisp/textmodes/css-mode
/home/tromey/.emacs.d/elpa/bubbles-0.5/bubbles hides /home/tromey/Emacs/install/share/emacs/24.4.50/lisp/play/bubbles

Features:
(ido gdb-shell shell ffap xterm whitespace log-view gnus-fun flow-fill
shr-color color gnus-html xml url-cache mm-url url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util
url-parse url-vars shr browse-url mailalias shadow mail-hist emacsbug
bbdb-gui bbdb-hooks mule-util sort smiley gnus-cite mm-archive
gnus-async gnus-bcklg qp gnus-ml disp-table gnus-topic nndraft nnmh
nnfolder utf-7 bbdb-gnus bbdb-snarf mail-extr bbdb-com warnings cl
gnutls network-stream starttls gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score
score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg nntp gnus-cache gnus-registry registry
eieio-base gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 epg-config mm-view mml-smime smime dig
mailcap gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo smtpmail sendmail gnus-start
gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source tls utf7 netrc nnoo parse-time
gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win gnus gnus-ems nnheader eieio-opt
speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe log-edit message rfc822 mml mml-sec
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader pcvs-util
copyright dabbrev misearch multi-isearch help-mode debug cl-macs gv
org-element org-rmail org-mhe org-irc org-info org-gnus org-docview
doc-view image-mode org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb org-w3m org org-macro
org-footnote org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities noutline
outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle org-src ob-ref ob-lob
ob-table ob-keys ob-exp ob-comint ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs
org-loaddefs goto-addr add-log gud conf-mode sgml-mode python dired-aux
dired jka-compr smerge-mode diff-mode easy-mmode vc-arch vc-mtn vc-hg
bug-reference js json cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds vc-bzr
vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs vc-git flyspell ispell eldoc diminish appt
diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs which-func imenu
projectile edmacro kmacro pkg-info find-func lisp-mnt epl grep compile
dash s minimap autorevert filenotify desktop frameset cus-start cus-load
status erc-services erc-list erc-menu erc-join erc-ring erc-networks
erc-pcomplete pcomplete erc-track erc-match erc-button wid-edit
cl-loaddefs cl-lib erc-fill erc-stamp erc-netsplit erc-goodies erc
erc-backend erc-compat format-spec auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp
byte-compile cconv eieio-core gnus-util mm-util mail-prsvr
password-cache thingatpt pp advice help-fns vc-dir ewoc vc vc-dispatcher
cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs bbdb timezone ange-ftp
comint ansi-color ring server savehist dwarf-mode-autoloads
jabber-autoloads lisppaste-autoloads pydoc-info-autoloads info-look info
easymenu weblogger-autoloads package bbdb-autoloads time-date tooltip
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1475667 185010)
 (symbols 48 112855 1)
 (miscs 40 40737 3141)
 (strings 32 337116 86840)
 (string-bytes 1 9521959)
 (vectors 16 98212)
 (vector-slots 8 2122278 178344)
 (floats 8 563 597)
 (intervals 56 315798 802)
 (buffers 976 295)
 (heap 1024 267824 51321))

Tom