Subject: Re: bug#17943: parted-3.1.90 alpha make check fails t0251-gpt-unicode on Debian 7
From: Phillip Susi <[email-masked]>
To: Curtis Gedak <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 09:32:41 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On 7/17/2014 3:35 PM, Curtis Gedak wrote:
> Hi Phillip,
> 
> In my Debian 7 VM I ran 'apt-get update' and 'apt-get upgrade' to
> ensure that I had the latest packages.
> 
> Next I removed the entire parted-3.1.90 directory, rebuilt parted,
> and then ran 'make check' as root again.  The same error occurs.
> 
> Attached is the log (t0251-gpt-unicode.log) as requested in:

You have a bunch of errors like this:

warning: setlocale: LC_ALL: cannot change locale (en_US.UTF-8): No
such file or directory

So it looks like something is broken in your vm that is preventing
apps from using UTF-8.