Subject: AIX build errors with coreutils-8.22
From: Michael Felt <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2014 15:38:09 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

For the most part, the configure and build runs quite clean. There are few
warnings about assignment of a char* to a const char*.

A few utils are missing the -lpthread library assignment:

To fix this, using make -i I indentified the group (after it was more than
1)

These four - at least -

cc   -O2 -qlanglvl=extc99   -o src/csplit src/csplit.o src/libver.a
lib/libcoreutils.a  lib/libcoreutils.a -lpthread
cc   -O2 -qlanglvl=extc99   -o src/expr src/expr.o src/libver.a
lib/libcoreutils.a  lib/libcoreutils.a  -lpthread
cc   -O2 -qlanglvl=extc99   -o src/nl src/nl.o src/libver.a
lib/libcoreutils.a  lib/libcoreutils.a  -lpthread
cc   -O2 -qlanglvl=extc99   -o src/tac src/tac.o src/libver.a
lib/libcoreutils.a  lib/libcoreutils.a  -lpthread

Further there are two source files that are not compiling because of undefs

make[2]: Entering directory `/data/prj/gnu/coreutils/coreutils-8.22'
  CC       src/od.o
"src/od.c", line 432.47: 1506-045 (S) Undeclared identifier
_GL_FLT_PREC_BOUND.
"src/od.c", line 432.47: 1506-1324 (S) Array size must have integer type.
"src/od.c", line 433.49: 1506-045 (S) Undeclared identifier
_GL_DBL_PREC_BOUND.
"src/od.c", line 433.49: 1506-1324 (S) Array size must have integer type.
"src/od.c", line 434.60: 1506-045 (S) Undeclared identifier
_GL_LDBL_PREC_BOUND.
"src/od.c", line 434.60: 1506-1324 (S) Array size must have integer type.
make[2]: [src/od.o] Error 1 (ignored)
  CCLD     src/od
cc: 1501-228 (W) input file src/od.o not found
make[2]: [src/od] Error 252 (ignored)
  CCLD     src/ptx
ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .pthread_mutex_lock
ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .pthread_mutex_unlock
ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .pthread_mutex_init
ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .pthread_mutex_destroy
ld: 0711-345 Use the -bloadmap or -bnoquiet option to obtain more
information.
make[2]: [src/ptx] Error 8 (ignored)
  CC       src/getlimits.o
"src/getlimits.c", line 110.45: 1506-045 (S) Undeclared identifier
_GL_FLT_PREC_BOUND.
"src/getlimits.c", line 110.45: 1506-1324 (S) Array size must have integer
type.
"src/getlimits.c", line 111.46: 1506-045 (S) Undeclared identifier
_GL_DBL_PREC_BOUND.
"src/getlimits.c", line 111.46: 1506-1324 (S) Array size must have integer
type.
"src/getlimits.c", line 112.53: 1506-045 (S) Undeclared identifier
_GL_LDBL_PREC_BOUND.
"src/getlimits.c", line 112.53: 1506-1324 (S) Array size must have integer
type.
make[2]: [src/getlimits.o] Error 1 (ignored)
  CCLD     src/getlimits
cc: 1501-228 (W) input file src/getlimits.o not found

Not sure how to resolve the missing definitions - do not wish to make
assumptions.

Regards,
Michael Felt