Subject: Re: bug#17295: 24.3; Add TRAMP fixes for history clobbering to pretest
From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
To: Vasilij Schneidermann <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 06 May 2014 10:53:55 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 24.4

> In the past, *all* Tramp commands were visible in your remote history
> file. With my patch, only the very first command is still visible, the
> one you have quoted. Tramp cannot avoid this behaviour, because it has
> no mean to set the remote environment prior running the very first
> command. You could do this yourself by creating a local ~/.ssh/environment
> file, containing
>
> HISTFILE=/dev/null
>
> See the ssh(1) manpage for details.
>
> The local history shall be clean, because Tramp sets $HISTFILE locally
> prior to calling anything.

Well, no further comment for a week. So I regard this as fixed. I've
committed (a slightly modified version of) the patch to the emacs-24
branch, closing this bug report.

Feel free to reopen if there are further annoyances.

>> Best regards
>> Vasilij

Best regards, Michael.