Subject: 24.3; tool bar comes back when you hit the OS X "full screen" icon
From: Tommy Thorn <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2014 13:37:50 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I removed my local .emacs to prove this is an Emacs bug.
I don't want the useless tool bar so I select

  Option - Show/Hide - Tool-bar

but when I full-screen Emacs it comes back.  If I disable it again while
in full screen, the Emacs windows shrinks leaving a bar of wasted space
at the buttom of the screen.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin, NS apple-appkit-1038.36)
of 2013-03-12 on bob.porkrind.org
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1265
Configured using:
`configure '--host=x86_64-apple-darwin' '--build=i686-apple-darwin'
'--with-ns' 'build_alias=i686-apple-darwin'
'host_alias=x86_64-apple-darwin' 'CC=gcc -mmacosx-version-min=10.7
-isystem
/Users/david/Xcode-10.7_4.5.2/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.7.sdk/usr/include/
-F/Users/david/Xcode-10.7_4.5.2/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.7.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks''

Important settings:
  locale-coding-system: nil
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<menu-bar> <options> <showhide> <showhide-tool-bar> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <menu-bar> <help-menu> <se
nd-emacs-bug-report>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
easymenu mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils time-date tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak
czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
make-network-process ns multi-tty emacs)