Subject: 24.3.50; [ruby-mode] Indentation bugs
From: Bozhidar Batsov <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 16:56:15 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

The following code:

return render json: {
                errors: { base: [message] },
                copying: copying
              },
              status: 400

is indented like this:

return render json: {
  errors: { base: [message] },
  copying: copying
},
              status: 400

Not totally sure what the best indentation would be, but this certainly
seems wrong.

Same goes for the simpler case:

render json: {
  errors: { base: [message] },
  copying: copying
},
       status: 400

Personally I think `}` should be aligned to the `json` param in such
cases.

The addition of () seems to correct the indentation:

render(json: {
         errors: { base: [message] },
         copying: copying
       },
       status: 400)

There's also this problem:

top test(
  some,
  top,
  test)

It should be indented like this:

top test(
      some,
      top,
      test)

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin13.0.0, NS apple-appkit-1265.00)
 of 2014-03-01 on Bozhidars-MacBook-Pro.local
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1265
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs/HEAD --without-dbus
 --enable-locallisppath=/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --infodir=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs/HEAD/share/info/emacs
 --without-gnutls --with-ns --disable-ns-self-contained'

Important settings:
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Ruby

Minor modes in effect:
  subword-mode: t
  ruby-tools-mode: t
  inf-ruby-minor-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  guru-mode: t
  erc-truncate-mode: t
  erc-spelling-mode: t
  erc-list-mode: t
  erc-menu-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-fill-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-noncommands-mode: t
  erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
  erc-readonly-mode: t
  global-flycheck-mode: t
  flycheck-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  flx-ido-mode: t
  ido-ubiquitous-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  whitespace-mode: t
  global-anzu-mode: t
  anzu-mode: t
  projectile-global-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  flyspell-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  volatile-highlights-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  show-smartparens-global-mode: t
  show-smartparens-mode: t
  smartparens-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  prelude-global-mode: t
  prelude-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
N e w SPC c o p SPC E m p t y I n t e r p o l a t i
o n C-c C-c P P l l q <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> l l q <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> C-x g F F <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> s-f C-g s-f d e f a u l t <return> M-< C-s
r e d u c e C-l <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1>
s-f s i g n a l e x <return> M-> M-< C-c p t M-> M-<
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> s-f c o p y 8 i n <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> i n g s c o n t r C-g <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> C-x
b c o n t r o C-g s-f t e s t <backspace> <backspace>
C-g s-p u i a p <return> c o p y i n g _ c o n t r
o <return> <help-echo> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <tab> <tab> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <tab> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <tab> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <tab> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <tab> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <tab> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <tab> <tab> <tab> <tab> C-/ C-/ C-/ C-/ C-/
<help-echo> <help-echo> C-p C-a C-a C-SPC C-n C-n C-n
C-n C-n C-n C-e M-w <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <tab> <tab> C-/ C-x b t e
s t <return> C-e <return> <return> <return> C-y C-p
C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-a C-d C-d C-d C-d C-d C-d C-d
C-M-\ C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n <tab> C-p C-p C-p C-p
C-p C-p C-a C-SPC C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n M-w M-x
s e n d b u g <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> r e p o r t b u
g <return>

Recent messages:
An error occurred while StringConversionInInterpolation cop was inspecting /var/folders/32/92h89tr96rs0s79j4ckhhm_r0000gn/T/flycheck42087B-Z/test.rb.
Errors are usually caused by RuboCop bugs.
Please, report your problems to RuboCop's issue tracker.
Mention the following information in the issue report:
0.19.1 (using Parser 2.1.7, running on ruby 2.0.0 x86_64-darwin12.4.0)

Checker definition probably flawed.
Indenting region...done
Indented buffer.
Mark activated

Load-path shadows:
/Users/bozhidar/.emacs.d/elpa/tabulated-list-20120406.2251/tabulated-list hides /usr/local/Cellar/emacs/HEAD/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/emacs-lisp/tabulated-list

Features:
(shadow sort emacsbug make-mode ielm lisp-mnt clojure-test-mode
cider-scratch network-stream starttls tls slime-fancy
slime-fontifying-fu slime-package-fu slime-references slime-scratch
slime-presentations slime-fuzzy slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c
slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc slime-parse slime-repl elp slime
hyperspec ace-jump-mode hippie-exp browse-url cus-edit cus-start
cus-load slim-mode mail-extr eieio-opt speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe
rst yaml-mode superword subword ruby-tools inf-ruby ruby-mode-expansions
smartparens-ruby ruby-mode smie cider coffee-mode js-mode-expansions js
json cc-mode-expansions cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds
cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs web-mode-expansions
web-mode disp-table nxml-uchnm rng-xsd xsd-regexp rng-cmpct cider-mode
cider-repl cider-eldoc cider-interaction arc-mode archive-mode
cider-client nrepl-client cider-util ewoc clojure-mode-expansions
clojure-mode inf-lisp find-dired vc-annotate vc vc-dispatcher misearch
multi-isearch gitignore-mode conf-mode ibuf-ext ibuffer ffap url-parse
url-vars mule-util executable magit-key-mode magit view epa derived epg
epg-config diff-mode git-rebase-mode git-commit-mode server log-edit
message sendmail rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev mail-utils
gmm-utils mailheader pcvs-util add-log vc-git markdown-mode noutline
outline rainbow-mode color rainbow-delimiters elisp-slime-nav guru-mode
prelude-key-chord key-chord prelude-xml nxml-mode-expansions
html-mode-expansions sgml-mode smartparens-html rng-nxml rng-valid
rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse nxml-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn
nxml-ns nxml-mode nxml-outln nxml-rap nxml-util nxml-glyph nxml-enc
xmltok prelude-web prelude-scss prelude-scheme prelude-ruby prelude-perl
prelude-org prelude-js prelude-erc erc-truncate erc-autoaway
erc-spelling erc-notify erc-log erc-list erc-menu erc-join erc-ring
erc-networks erc-pcomplete erc-track erc-match erc-button erc-fill
erc-stamp erc-netsplit erc-goodies erc erc-backend erc-compat
prelude-emacs-lisp prelude-css prelude-common-lisp slime-autoloads
prelude-clojure prelude-lisp prelude-c prelude-programming flycheck
help-mode rx f which-func imenu prelude-ido smex flx-ido flx
ido-ubiquitous warnings ido prelude-osx exec-path-from-shell
prelude-global-keybindings prelude-editor winner undo-tree diff esh-var
esh-io esh-cmd esh-opt esh-ext esh-proc esh-arg eldoc esh-groups eshell
esh-module esh-mode esh-util re-builder whitespace browse-kill-ring
midnight ediff-merg ediff-wind ediff-diff ediff-mult ediff-help
ediff-init ediff-util ediff dired-x dired anzu projectile pkg-info
find-func grep compile s bookmark pp expand-region text-mode-expansions
er-basic-expansions expand-region-core expand-region-custom flyspell
ispell tramp tramp-compat auth-source gnus-util mm-util mail-prsvr
password-cache tramp-loaddefs trampver shell pcomplete comint ansi-color
format-spec etags ring volatile-highlights hl-line windmove recentf
tree-widget wid-edit savehist saveplace diminish smartparens-config
smartparens autorevert filenotify delsel prelude-mode easy-mmode edmacro
kmacro prelude-core epl advice help-fns dash thingatpt prelude-ui
zenburn-theme prelude-packages finder-inf ack-and-a-half-autoloads
diminish-autoloads erlang-autoloads flx-ido-autoloads eieio byte-opt
bytecomp byte-compile cconv eieio-core grizzl-autoloads
key-chord-autoloads logito-autoloads info easymenu cl-macs gv
pkg-info-autoloads rainbow-delimiters-autoloads rubocop-autoloads
volatile-highlights-autoloads yaml-mode-autoloads package cl cl-loaddefs
cl-lib time-date tooltip electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process cocoa ns
multi-tty emacs)