Subject: Re: frameset-to-register: Different from frame-configuration-to-register?
From: Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]>
To: "T.V. Raman" <[email-masked]>
Cc: Bug-Gnu-Emacs <[email-masked]>, Emacs developers <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2014 21:40:34 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Package: emacs
Version: 24.3.50

I'm creating a bug report for this, but I am not able to reproduce it.
Could you please answer to the bug thread and put a step-by-step
recipe starting from emacs -Q?

TIA,

   Juanma

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: T. V. Raman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, Feb 8, 2014 at 8:31 PM
Subject: frameset-to-register: Different from frame-configuration-to-register?
To: [email-masked]

If you do C-x rf to invoke the new frameset-to-register -- and
later attempt to jump to that configuration via C-x rj it throws
an error like so:
this does not happen with the older command
frmae-configuration-to-register.

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Register doesn't contain a
buffer position or configuration")
  signal(error ("Register doesn't contain a buffer position or configuration"))
  error("Register doesn't contain a buffer position or configuration")
  #[513 "\301 !\302 !\203Y \211G\303Y\203Y \211\304H >\203Y \211\304H
>\204& \305\306\307\310#\210\211\311H\2043 \305\312\313
!\"\210\211\304H >\204A \305\306\307\310#\210\211\311H \304H >\204R
\305\306\314\310#\210 \315H!\202\362 \211:\203v \316 @!\203v \317 @
?\"\210\211\211A@\262 b\202\362 \211:\203\221 \320 @!\203\221 \321
@!\210\211\211A@\262 b\202\362 \322 !\203\254 \323 !\204\241
\305\324!\210\325\323 !!\210\211b\202\362 \211:\203\277
\211@\326=\203\277 \327 A!\202\362 \211:\203\357 \211@\330=\203\357
\331 A@!\204\342 \332\333\334 A@\"!\204\342 \305\335!\210\327
A@!\210\336 8b\202\362 \305\337!\207" [cl-struct-registerv-tags
get-register vectorp 5 0 error "%s accessing a non-%s"
registerv-jump-func registerv 3 "Don't know how to jump to register
%s" single-key-description registerv-data 1 frame-configuration-p
set-frame-configuration window-configuration-p
set-window-configuration markerp marker-buffer "That register's buffer
no longer exists" switch-to-buffer file find-file file-query
find-buffer-visiting y-or-n-p format "Visit file %s again? " "Register
access aborted" 2 "Register doesn't contain a buffer position or
configuration"] 8 2384059 (byte-code "\301\302! D\207"
[current-prefix-arg register-read-with-preview "Jump to register: "]
2)](102 nil)
  ad-Advice-jump-to-register(#[513 "\301 !\302 !\203Y \211G\303Y\203Y
\211\304H >\203Y \211\304H >\204& \305\306\307\310#\210\211\311H\2043
\305\312\313 !\"\210\211\304H >\204A \305\306\307\310#\210\211\311H
\304H >\204R \305\306\314\310#\210 \315H!\202\362 \211:\203v \316
@!\203v \317 @ ?\"\210\211\211A@\262 b\202\362 \211:\203\221 \320
@!\203\221 \321 @!\210\211\211A@\262 b\202\362 \322 !\203\254 \323
!\204\241 \305\324!\210\325\323 !!\210\211b\202\362 \211:\203\277
\211@\326=\203\277 \327 A!\202\362 \211:\203\357 \211@\330=\203\357
\331 A@!\204\342 \332\333\334 A@\"!\204\342 \305\335!\210\327
A@!\210\336 8b\202\362 \305\337!\207" [cl-struct-registerv-tags
get-register vectorp 5 0 error "%s accessing a non-%s"
registerv-jump-func registerv 3 "Don't know how to jump to register
%s" single-key-description registerv-data 1 frame-configuration-p
set-frame-configuration window-configuration-p
set-window-configuration markerp marker-buffer "That register's buffer
no longer exists" switch-to-buffer file find-file file-query
find-buffer-visiting y-or-n-p format "Visit file %s again? " "Register
access aborted" 2 "Register doesn't contain a buffer position or
configuration"] 8 2384059 (byte-code "\301\302! D\207"
[current-prefix-arg register-read-with-preview "Jump to register: "]
2)] 102 nil)
  apply(ad-Advice-jump-to-register #[513 "\301 !\302 !\203Y
\211G\303Y\203Y \211\304H >\203Y \211\304H >\204&
\305\306\307\310#\210\211\311H\2043 \305\312\313 !\"\210\211\304H
>\204A \305\306\307\310#\210\211\311H \304H >\204R
\305\306\314\310#\210 \315H!\202\362 \211:\203v \316 @!\203v \317 @
?\"\210\211\211A@\262 b\202\362 \211:\203\221 \320 @!\203\221 \321
@!\210\211\211A@\262 b\202\362 \322 !\203\254 \323 !\204\241
\305\324!\210\325\323 !!\210\211b\202\362 \211:\203\277
\211@\326=\203\277 \327 A!\202\362 \211:\203\357 \211@\330=\203\357
\331 A@!\204\342 \332\333\334 A@\"!\204\342 \305\335!\210\327
A@!\210\336 8b\202\362 \305\337!\207" [cl-struct-registerv-tags
get-register vectorp 5 0 error "%s accessing a non-%s"
registerv-jump-func registerv 3 "Don't know how to jump to register
%s" single-key-description registerv-data 1 frame-configuration-p
set-frame-configuration window-configuration-p
set-window-configuration markerp marker-buffer "That register's buffer
no longer exists" switch-to-buffer file find-file file-query
find-buffer-visiting y-or-n-p format "Visit file %s again? " "Register
access aborted" 2 "Register doesn't contain a buffer position or
configuration"] 8 2384059 (byte-code "\301\302! D\207"
[current-prefix-arg register-read-with-preview "Jump to register: "]
2)] (102 nil))
  jump-to-register(102 nil)
  call-interactively(jump-to-register nil nil)
  command-execute(jump-to-register)