Subject: Re: bug#16615: 24.3.50; Fatal error visiting a directory (same as #16132?)
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Richard Copley <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 02 Feb 2014 05:41:15 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2014 21:52:07 +0000
> From: Richard Copley <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> On 1 February 2014 20:43, Richard Copley <[email-masked]> wrote:
> >On 1 February 2014 20:12, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:
> >> Please try the latest trunk and see if its solves the problem.
> > Seems fixed, many thanks. I should rebuild with the libraries enabled to be sure. I will let you know the result.
> 
> Yes, still fixed. Thanks again.

Thanks, closing.

(It's amazing how long such a glaring mistake can go unnoticed:
omitting WINAPI from the function pointer declaration means that the
compiler uses the wrong calling convention for it -- cdecl instead of
stdcall -- which explains both the crash and the smashed stack that
prevented you from obtaining a useful backtrace.  This code was there
since 14 years ago.)