Subject: Re: bug#15621: "tail" does not recognize zfs
From: Bernhard Voelker <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], "Ingram, Scott" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 17:33:14 +0200 (CEST)
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> On October 15, 2013 at 4:19 PM "Ingram, Scott" <[email-masked]> wrote:
> I received the following error message when invoking tail:
> 
> tail: unrecognized file system type 0x2fc12fc1 for ‘/var/log/rsyncd’.
> please report this to [email-masked]. reverting to polling
> 
> The invocation was "tail -vf /var/log/rsyncd" on an OpenSUSE 12.3 Linux/GNU
> system using zfs as its standard filesystem.  The zfs/spl version is 0.6.2
> (from LLNL's ZFS on Linux codebase).
> 
> The coreutils version installed is coreutils-8.17-6.2.1.x86_64.

Thanks for the report.
However, support for ZFS has already been added to tail(1)
and stat(1) in upstream coreutils version 8.20.
Therefore, I'm hereby closing this bug for the coreutils project.

If you wish that patch to be ported to openSUSE-12.3,
then please open a bug in openSUSE's bugzilla:
http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Submitting_bug_reports

Have a nice day,
Berny