Subject: 24.3; Implement (network-interface-list) on Windows
From: Lubos Pintes <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 18:46:25 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

When I googled about mentioned function, I saw a discussion where
someone stated that it is not possible on Windows for reason I am unable
to remember now.
Now I ran Cygwin version of Emacs and the function is implemented
there. So, it is definitely possible to implement it somehow on Windows.
If not, then please implement it so that it returns nil, or in similar way.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7601)
  of 2013-03-17 on MARVIN
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
  `configure --with-gcc (4.7) --cflags
  -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/include
  -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/src
  -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libpng-dev_1.4.3-1/include
  -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/zlib-dev_1.2.5-2/include
  -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include
  -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4/include
  -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include
  -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-3.0.9/include
  -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libiconv-1.13.1-1-dev/include
  -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libxml2-2.7.8/include/libxml2'

Important settings:
   value of $LANG: SKY
   locale-coding-system: cp1250
   default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
   tooltip-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
q <up> <up> M-x r e p o r t - e m a <tab> <left> <left>
<right> <right> <return>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
user-error: Beginning of history; no preceding item

Load-path shadows:
c:/emacs/site-lisp/emacspeak/lisp/tetris hides c:/emacs/lisp/play/tetris

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils magit-autoloads info easymenu
git-rebase-mode-autoloads git-commit-mode-autoloads finder-inf package
time-date tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32
ls-lisp w32-common-fns disp-table w32-win w32-vars tool-bar dnd fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode register
page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew
greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process w32 multi-tty emacs)