Subject: Re: bug#15494: [PATCH] 24.3.50; Processes running under TRAMP can't cleanly write to the middle of a buffer
From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
To: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], Dima Kogan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2016 07:55:27 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi,

>> I'm attaching a patch that fixes this issue for me. The cause appears to
>> be a bit of code that deletes the system prompt from the TRAMP output.
>> There's a bug in that code that deletes more than just the prompt in the
>> case described above.
>
> The patch makes sense to me.  Michael?

I'm very sorry, but I've overlooked this bug report completely :-(

Fortunately, there was another bug report #16120, which speaks about the
same problem. And the solution is identical to what Dima proposed. It
was merged into the Emacs sources back in February 2014.

I'm closing this bug.

Best regards, Michael.