Subject: Subject: 24.3.50; make check looks for .el files in /
From: Barry OReilly <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 15:34:48 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

The "pattern" variable in the recipe of test/automated's 'make check'
evaluates to:

  /*.el ./*.el ./flymake/*.el ./flymake/warnpred/*.el

/*.el is surely wrong. This patch fixes it:

diff --git a/test/automated/Makefile.in b/test/automated/Makefile.in
index d4bfcc1..e2ccaea 100644
--- a/test/automated/Makefile.in
+++ b/test/automated/Makefile.in
@@ -49,10 +49,11 @@ BYTE_COMPILE_EXTRA_FLAGS =
 emacs = EMACSLOADPATH=$(lispsrc):$(test) LC_ALL=C $(EMACS) $(EMACSOPT)

 # Common command to find subdirectories
-setwins=subdirs=`find . -type d -print`; \
+setwins=wins=;\
+       subdirs=`find . -type d -print`; \
        for file in $$subdirs; do \
           case $$file in */.* | */.*/* | */=* | ./data* ) ;; \
-               *) wins="$$wins $$file" ;; \
+               *) wins="$$wins$$file " ;; \
           esac; \
         done

@@ -99,7 +100,7 @@ compile-targets: $(TARGETS)
 # `no-byte-compile', so watch out for false-positives!
 compile-main: compile-clean lisp-compile
        @(cd $(test); $(setwins); \
-       els=`echo "$$wins " | sed -e 's|/\./|/|g' -e 's|/\. | |g' -e 's|
|/*.el |g'`; \
+       els=`echo "$$wins" | sed -e 's|/\./|/|g' -e 's|/\. | |g' -e 's|
|/*.el |g'`; \
        for el in $$els; do \
          test -f $$el || continue; \
          test ! -f $${el}c && GREP_OPTIONS= grep '^;.*no-byte-compile: t'
$$el > /dev/null && continue; \
@@ -113,7 +114,7 @@ compile-main: compile-clean lisp-compile
 # Erase left-over .elc files that do not have a corresponding .el file.
 compile-clean:
        @cd $(test); $(setwins); \
-       elcs=`echo "$$wins " | sed -e 's|/\./|/|g' -e 's|/\. | |g' -e 's|
|/*.elc |g'`; \
+       elcs=`echo "$$wins" | sed -e 's|/\./|/|g' -e 's|/\. | |g' -e 's|
|/*.elc |g'`; \
        for el in $$(echo $$elcs | sed -e 's/\.elc/\.el/g'); do \
          if test -f "$$el" -o \! -f "$${el}c"; then :; else \
            echo rm "$${el}c"; \
@@ -147,7 +148,7 @@ maintainer-clean: distclean bootstrap-clean

 check: compile-main
        @(cd $(test); $(setwins); \
-       pattern=`echo "$$wins " | sed -e 's|/\./|/|g' -e 's|/\. | |g' -e
's| |/*.el |g'`; \
+       pattern=`echo "$$wins" | sed -e 's|/\./|/|g' -e 's|/\. | |g' -e 's|
|/*.el |g'`; \
        for el in $$pattern; do \
          test -f $$el || continue; \
          args="$$args -l $$el"; \

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.2 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.10.4)
 of 2013-08-23 on psd15
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.70101000
System Description:    Red Hat Enterprise Linux Client release 5.4 (Tikanga)

Configured using:
 `configure --with-gif=no'

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=none
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  outline-minor-mode: t
  global-whitespace-mode: t
  global-ede-mode: t
  global-semanticdb-minor-mode: t
  global-semantic-idle-scheduler-mode: t
  semantic-mode: t
  evil-mode: t
  evil-local-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
M-x r e p o r t <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Loading /goesr/user/boreilly/goesr-dev.el (source)...
Loading
/psd15/linux/boreilly/cc/current/vobs/goes_r_dev/Software_Engineering/IPT_PG/Dev/lib/l1ads-swit.el
(source)...done
Loading /goesr/user/boreilly/goesr-dev.el (source)...done
Loading whitespace...done
Source file `/home/boreilly/.emacs.d/my/my-config.el' newer than
byte-compiled file
2013-08-23T15:28:35.025897 Finished loading init file.
2013-08-23T15:28:35.128318 Inside my-prog-mode-hook
2013-08-23T15:28:35.209553 Inside my-emacs-lisp-mode-hook for buffer
*scratch*
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
2013-08-23T15:28:35.211074 ---------------- Finished with
my-emacs-startup-hook. ----------------

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message cl-macs format-spec
rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils noutline outline easy-mmode my-config
package whitespace cus-start cus-load my-proj ede/speedbar ede/files ede
ede/base ede/auto ede/source eieio-speedbar speedbar sb-image dframe
eieio-custom wid-edit semantic/db-mode semantic/idle semantic/bovine/gcc
semantic/dep semantic/ia semantic/analyze/refs semantic/db-find
semantic/db-ref semantic/senator semantic/decorate pulse
semantic/analyze semantic/sort semantic/scope semantic/analyze/fcn
semantic/db gv eieio-base semantic/ctxt semantic/format ezimage
semantic/tag-ls semantic/find semantic/util-modes easymenu semantic/util
semantic semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw eieio byte-opt bytecomp
byte-compile cconv eieio-core mode-local cedet evil evil-integration
evil-maps evil-commands evil-types evil-search evil-ex evil-macros
evil-repeat evil-states evil-core evil-common windmove rect
evil-digraphs evil-vars ring edmacro kmacro undo-tree diff goto-chg
rainbow-delimiters my-util advice help-fns electric paren delsel
autorevert filenotify cl cl-loaddefs cl-lib time-date tooltip ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode register
page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew
greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk
x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)