Subject: 24.3; ange-ftp-run-real-handler not defined in v24.3
From: Joshua Kordani <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2013 00:35:45 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Message-ID: 
<[email-masked]>
--text follows this line--
attempt to C-x C-f to /ftp:user@url, results in error message
ange-ftp-run-real-handler symbol not defined.

C-h f on that symbol returns

ange-ftp-run-real-handler is an alias for `tramp-run-real-handler',
which is not defined. Please make a bug report.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin, NS apple-appkit-1038.36)
of 2013-03-13 on bob.porkrind.org
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1138
Configured using:
`configure '--host=x86_64-apple-darwin' '--build=i686-apple-darwin'
'--with-ns' 'build_alias=i686-apple-darwin'
'host_alias=x86_64-apple-darwin' 'CC=gcc -mmacosx-version-min=10.7
-isystem
/Users/david/Xcode-10.7_4.5.2/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.7.sdk/usr/include/
-F/Users/david/Xcode-10.7_4.5.2/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.7.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks''

Important settings:
locale-coding-system: nil
default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: REPL

Minor modes in effect:
diff-auto-refine-mode: t
shell-dirtrack-mode: t
rainbow-delimiters-mode: t
eldoc-mode: t
slime-repl-map-mode: t
slime-editing-mode: t
paredit-mode: t
tooltip-mode: t
mouse-wheel-mode: t
tool-bar-mode: t
menu-bar-mode: t
file-name-shadow-mode: t
global-font-lock-mode: t
font-lock-mode: t
blink-cursor-mode: t
auto-composition-mode: t
auto-encryption-mode: t
auto-compression-mode: t
line-number-mode: t
transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<backspace> C-x C-s <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <down>
C-SPC C-a <backspace> <backspace> C-x C-s <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-movement> <mouse-movement> <drag-mouse-1> M-w
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <wheel-up> <double-wheel-up>
<triple-wheel-up> <triple-wheel-up> <triple-wheel-up>
<triple-wheel-up> <triple-wheel-up> <triple-wheel-up>
<triple-wheel-up> <wheel-down> <double-wheel-down>
<triple-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down>
<wheel-up> <double-wheel-up> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> C-s w e l o m <backspace> c o m e <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <C-backspace> <C-backspace> C a p o t <backspace>
<backspace> i t a l SPC G U SPC D i b i <backspace>
<backspace> v i s i o n SPC I I I C-x C-s <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<double-down-mouse-1> <double-mouse-1> <backspace>
<backspace> I <down-mouse-1> <mouse-movement> <mouse-movement>
<drag-mouse-1> M-w <down-mouse-1> <mouse-movement>
<mouse-movement> <drag-mouse-1> C-y C-/ C-w <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> C-SPC M-b M-b M-b M-b M-b M-b M-b M-b M-b
M-b M-b M-b M-b M-b M-b M-b M-b M-b C-w C-y M-y M-y
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <backspace> <right> <right>
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <backspace>
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> C-x C-s <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1>
C-x C-f s <return> <wheel-down> <double-wheel-down>
<triple-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down>
<triple-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down> <wheel-up>
<wheel-down> <double-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down>
<triple-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down>
<wheel-down> <double-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down>
<wheel-down> <wheel-down> <double-wheel-down> C-s s
p r i n g <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
F a l SPC <backspace> l SPC 2 0 1 3 C-x C-s <wheel-down>
<wheel-down> <double-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down>
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> C-SPC M-< <down> <down> <down>
<down> M-w <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <down> <down> <down>
<down> <down> C-SPC C-s < / t a b l e <up> <right>
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> C-w C-y M-y
C-SPC C-r < / <backspace> t a b l e <tab> <tab> <return>
<tab> C-/ <down> <tab> C-/ <up> C-a C-SPC C-s < / t
a b l e > <return> <tab> C-x C-s <wheel-up> <double-wheel-up>
<switch-frame> <tab> M-x r e p o r <tab> e m <tab>
<return>

Recent messages:
Wrote /Users/joshuakordani/Desktop/rugby/schedule.html
Mark set
Saved text until "<td class="auto-style7">Home</td>
</tr>
"
Mark set [3 times]
Undo! [2 times]
Mark set
Saving file /Users/joshuakordani/Desktop/rugby/schedule.html...
Wrote /Users/joshuakordani/Desktop/rugby/schedule.html

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail debug sgml-mode view iswitchb
ediff epa epg epg-config magit-compat server diff-mode log-edit
pcvs-util add-log rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util
rng-pttrn nxml-parse nxml-ns nxml-enc xmltok nxml-util ox-latex
ox-icalendar ox-html table ox-ascii ox-publish ox org-element org-table
org-agenda esh-var esh-io esh-cmd esh-opt esh-ext esh-proc esh-arg
esh-groups eshell esh-module esh-mode esh-util bibtex org-id org
org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities
org-version ob-emacs-lisp org-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs
gnus-sum nnoo gnus-group gnus-undo nnmail mail-source gnus-start
gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus
gnus-ems nnheader rx ob-octave calc calc-loaddefs calc-macs ob ob-tangle
org-src ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-keys ob-exp ob-comint ob-core
org-compat org-macs ob-eval tar-mode elp ediff-merg ediff-diff
ediff-wind ediff-mult ediff-help ediff-init ediff-util autoload
two-column iso-transl noutline outline jka-compr lisp-mnt mail-utils
parse-time url-http mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums url-gw
url-cache url-auth url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util url-parse url-vars mailcap
ange-ftp loadhist tramp-loaddefs shell pcomplete vc-git tmm electric
gdb-mi bindat json gud semantic/edit semantic/symref/grep
semantic/symref/list semantic/senator semantic/symref semantic/complete
eieio-opt find-func cus-start cus-load semantic/tag-file
semantic/bovine/c hideif semantic/bovine/c-by semantic/lex-spp
semantic/bovine/gcc semantic/db-file data-debug cedet-files
semantic/bovine/make semantic/decorate/include semantic/db-find
semantic/db-ref semantic/decorate/mode semantic/decorate pulse
semantic/dep semantic/analyze semantic/sort semantic/scope
semantic/analyze/fcn semantic/bovine/make-by semantic/bovine
semantic/db-mode semantic/db semantic/idle semantic/format
semantic/tag-ls semantic/find semantic/ctxt semantic/util-modes
semantic/util semantic semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw mode-local
cedet bookmark apropos rect make-mode dabbrev conf-mode find-dired dired
grep compile misearch multi-isearch vc-dispatcher vc-svn cc-langs
cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine
cc-vars cc-defs mule-util sh-script smie executable tcl
rainbow-delimiters ido eldoc network-stream auth-source gnus-util
mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache starttls tls slime-fancy
slime-fontifying-fu slime-package-fu slime-references slime-scratch
slime-presentations slime-fuzzy slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c
slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc slime-parse slime-repl slime
derived pp comint ansi-color ring hyperspec thingatpt browse-url
tutorial help-mode paredit edmacro kmacro misterioso-theme
slime-autoloads ido-ubiquitous-autoloads magit-simple-keys-autoloads
magithub-autoloads magit-autoloads org-autoloads info paredit-autoloads
paredit-menu-autoloads psvn-autoloads rainbow-delimiters-autoloads
finder-inf rudel-obby-display rudel-obby rudel-protocol rudel-tls
format-spec rudel-socket rudel-transport rudel-mode advice help-fns
advice-preload rudel-display rudel rudel-icons rudel-interactive
rudel-compat rudel-hooks rudel-operators rudel-overlay rudel-operations
rudel-session-initiation rudel-backend warnings rudel-util rudel-errors
eieio-speedbar speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe eieio-custom wid-edit
eieio-base easymenu easy-mmode cl-macs gv cl cl-lib eieio byte-opt
bytecomp byte-compile cconv package time-date tooltip ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process ns multi-tty emacs)

-- 
Joshua Kordani
LSA Autonomy