Subject: Crash while killing lines in ChangeLog
From: Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]>
To: Bug-Gnu-Emacs <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 02:11:36 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Package: emacs
Version: 24.3.50

With my .emacs, just doing Ctrl-K on an empty line. Unfortunately I
cannot reproduce it from -Q.

Starting program: C:\Devel\emacs\repo\trunk\src\emacs.exe
[New Thread 732.0x16f0]
[New Thread 732.0x1028]
[New Thread 732.0x1324]
[New Thread 732.0xa98]
[New Thread 732.0x1fa0]

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
mark_object (arg=100990978) at alloc.c:5866
5866            if (ptr->gcmarkbit)
(gdb) bt
#0  mark_object (arg=100990978) at alloc.c:5866
#1  0x0114ec5d in mark_kboards () at keyboard.c:11787
#2  0x011ca332 in Fgarbage_collect () at alloc.c:5255
#3  0x011c396c in maybe_gc () at lisp.h:3970
#4  0x01257458 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=59134481, vector=88821093,
maxdepth=16, args_template=57436186, nargs=0, args=0x0) at
bytecode.c:961
#5  0x01256490 in Fbyte_code (bytestr=59134481, vector=88821093,
maxdepth=16) at bytecode.c:475
#6  0x011f03e7 in eval_sub (form=88650238) at eval.c:2087
#7  0x011eddd2 in internal_lisp_condition_case (var=57436186,
bodyform=88650238, handlers=88650158) at eval.c:1169
#8  0x01257e00 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=59134673, vector=88821149,
maxdepth=12, args_template=57436186, nargs=0, args=0x0) at
bytecode.c:1099
#9  0x011f2f07 in funcall_lambda (fun=88821165, nargs=0,
arg_vector=0x36c681a <__register_frame_info+57436186>) at eval.c:2945
#10 0x011f23c0 in Ffuncall (nargs=1, args=0x88e1d4) at eval.c:2760
#11 0x01257130 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=88154513, vector=88297989,
maxdepth=32, args_template=57436186, nargs=0, args=0x0) at
bytecode.c:903
#12 0x011f2f07 in funcall_lambda (fun=88298101, nargs=0,
arg_vector=0x36c681a <__register_frame_info+57436186>) at eval.c:2945
#13 0x011f23c0 in Ffuncall (nargs=1, args=0x88e4c4) at eval.c:2760
#14 0x01257130 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=88157361, vector=88297637,
maxdepth=20, args_template=57436186, nargs=0, args=0x0) at
bytecode.c:903
#15 0x01256490 in Fbyte_code (bytestr=88157361, vector=88297637,
maxdepth=20) at bytecode.c:475
#16 0x011f03e7 in eval_sub (form=87920902) at eval.c:2087
#17 0x011eddd2 in internal_lisp_condition_case (var=59235426,
bodyform=87920902, handlers=87920974) at eval.c:1169
#18 0x01257e00 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=88157537, vector=88297693,
maxdepth=12, args_template=57436186, nargs=0, args=0x0) at
bytecode.c:1099
#19 0x011f2f07 in funcall_lambda (fun=88297741, nargs=1,
arg_vector=0x36c681a <__register_frame_info+57436186>) at eval.c:2945
#20 0x011f23c0 in Ffuncall (nargs=2, args=0x88eb54) at eval.c:2760
#21 0x01257130 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=88157633, vector=88281069,
maxdepth=8, args_template=57436186, nargs=0, args=0x0) at
bytecode.c:903
#22 0x011f2f07 in funcall_lambda (fun=88297613, nargs=0,
arg_vector=0x36c681a <__register_frame_info+57436186>) at eval.c:2945
#23 0x011f23c0 in Ffuncall (nargs=1, args=0x88ef18) at eval.c:2760
#24 0x011f0a08 in Fapply (nargs=2, args=0x88ef18) at eval.c:2193
#25 0x011f1cfc in Ffuncall (nargs=3, args=0x88ef14) at eval.c:2692
#26 0x01257130 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=20940193, vector=20940245,
maxdepth=16, args_template=57436186, nargs=0, args=0x0) at
bytecode.c:903
#27 0x01256490 in Fbyte_code (bytestr=20940193, vector=20940245,
maxdepth=16) at bytecode.c:475
#28 0x011f03e7 in eval_sub (form=20940182) at eval.c:2087
#29 0x011eddd2 in internal_lisp_condition_case (var=59105002,
bodyform=20940182, handlers=20940270) at eval.c:1169
#30 0x01257e00 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=20939921, vector=20940061,
maxdepth=20, args_template=57436186, nargs=0, args=0x0) at
bytecode.c:1099
#31 0x011f2f07 in funcall_lambda (fun=20939901, nargs=1,
arg_vector=0x36c681a <__register_frame_info+57436186>) at eval.c:2945
#32 0x011f23c0 in Ffuncall (nargs=2, args=0x88f5b8) at eval.c:2760
#33 0x011f1751 in call1 (fn=57478194, arg1=88298469) at eval.c:2510
#34 0x011381ae in timer_check_2 (timers=57436186,
idle_timers=89995758) at keyboard.c:4476
#35 0x01138299 in timer_check () at keyboard.c:4543
#36 0x01136251 in readable_events (flags=1) at keyboard.c:3443
#37 0x0113eaf8 in get_input_pending (flags=1) at keyboard.c:6765
#38 0x0114acbe in detect_input_pending_run_timers (do_display=true) at
keyboard.c:9918
#39 0x01263e0c in wait_reading_process_output (time_limit=1125,
nsecs=0, read_kbd=-1, do_display=true, wait_for_cell=57436186,
wait_proc=0x0,
    just_wait_proc=0) at process.c:4642
#40 0x010103f0 in sit_for (timeout=4500, reading=true,
display_option=1) at dispnew.c:5797
#41 0x0113281b in read_char (commandflag=1, map=90004110,
prev_event=57436186, used_mouse_menu=0x88fac3, end_time=0x0) at
keyboard.c:2809
#42 0x01145f3a in read_key_sequence (keybuf=0x88fbe0, bufsize=30,
prompt=57436186, dont_downcase_last=false,
can_return_switch_frame=true,
    fix_current_buffer=true) at keyboard.c:9079
#43 0x0112ef90 in command_loop_1 () at keyboard.c:1449
#44 0x011edeb2 in internal_condition_case (bfun=0x112eaaf
<command_loop_1>, handlers=57486506, hfun=0x112e2c5 <cmd_error>) at
eval.c:1214
#45 0x0112e71b in command_loop_2 (ignore=57436186) at keyboard.c:1164
#46 0x011ed912 in internal_catch (tag=57476386, func=0x112e6f7
<command_loop_2>, arg=57436186) at eval.c:988
#47 0x0112e6d3 in command_loop () at keyboard.c:1143
#48 0x0112dc7d in recursive_edit_1 () at keyboard.c:776
#49 0x0112dfb8 in Frecursive_edit () at keyboard.c:840
#50 0x0112bb6c in main (argc=1, argv=0xc72f78) at emacs.c:1543

Lisp Backtrace:
"Automatic GC" (0x168849c)
"byte-code" (0x88dda0)
"add-log-current-defun" (0x88e1d8)
"which-function" (0x88e4c8)
"byte-code" (0x88e720)
"which-func-update-1" (0x88eb58)
"which-func-update" (0x88ef1c)
"apply" (0x88ef18)
"byte-code" (0x88f170)
"timer-event-handler" (0x88f5bc)