Subject: 24.3.50; Doc: pos-visible-in-window-p: ROWH
From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2013 02:55:27 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

in the docstring of `pos-visible-in-window-p', the explanation of ROWH
is not understandable (wrong, in my opinion).

It sounds like it would be the (complete) height of the row (visible +
non-visible part).  AFAICT, ROWH specifies the _visible_ height, as
mentioned in the manual (info "(elisp) Window Start and End").

I suggest to replace

[...]; otherwise, RTOP and RBOT are the number of pixels off-window at
the top and bottom of the row, ROWH is the height of the display row,
and VPOS is the row number (0-based) containing POS.

by something like:

[...]; otherwise, RTOP and RBOT are the number of pixels off-window at
the top and bottom of the display row at POSITION, ROWH is the visible
height of that row, and VPOS is the (0-based) row number.

Thanks!

Michael.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.8.2)
 of 2013-05-27 on dex, modified by Debian
 (emacs-snapshot package, version 2:20130527-1)
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11204000
System Description:	Debian GNU/Linux testing (jessie)

Configured using:
 `configure --build x86_64-linux-gnu --host x86_64-linux-gnu
 --prefix=/usr --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var --infodir=/usr/share/info --mandir=/usr/share/man
 --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs-snapshot:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --without-compress-info --with-crt-dir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/
 --with-x=yes --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-imagemagick=yes
 CFLAGS='-DDEBIAN -DSITELOAD_PURESIZE_EXTRA=5000 -g -O2'
 CPPFLAGS='-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2' LDFLAGS='-g -Wl,--as-needed
 -znocombreloc''