Subject: 24.3.50; gdb/gud: wrong-type-argument
From: Miguel Guedes <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2013 14:48:25 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Description
-------------

An error is triggered when entering gdb and any subsequent action in
gdb/gud triggers the same error.

Error message:

error in process filter: Wrong type argument: number-or-marker-p, nil

 Backtrace
-----------

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument number-or-marker-p
nil)
  gdbmi-bnf-incomplete-record-result("5" (gdb-done . progressive))
  #[0 "\302\300\301@\"\207" ["5" ((gdb-done . progressive))
gdbmi-bnf-incomplete-record-result] 3 "\n\n(fn)"]()
  gdbmi-bnf-result-and-async-record-impl()
  gdbmi-bnf-async-record()
  gdbmi-bnf-out-of-band-record()
  gdbmi-bnf-output()
  gud-gdbmi-marker-filter(<SNIP <too long> >)

 Meta
------

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.6.0)
 of 2013-03-27 on papaya, modified by Debian
 (emacs-snapshot package, version 2:20130325-1~ppa1~quantal1)
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version
11.0.11300000
System Description:	Ubuntu 12.10

Configured using:
 `configure --build x86_64-linux-gnu --host x86_64-linux-gnu
 --prefix=/usr --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var --infodir=/usr/share/info --mandir=/usr/share/man
 --with-pop=yes

--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs-snapshot:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --without-compress-info --with-crt-dir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/
 --with-x=yes --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-imagemagick=yes
 CFLAGS='-DDEBIAN -DSITELOAD_PURESIZE_EXTRA=5000 -g -O2'
 CPPFLAGS='-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2' LDFLAGS='-g -Wl,--as-needed
 -znocombreloc''

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Apropos

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
M-x d e b u g <M-backspace> t o g g l e - d e b u g 
<tab> e r r o r <return> M-x g d b <return> 
<M-backspace> <backspace> ~ / p r j / o m n i s / o 
u t / s r c / o m n i s <return> 

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
error in process filter: Wrong type argument: number-or-marker-p, nil
[96 times]
Debug on Error enabled globally
Entering debugger...
Mark set
Making completion list...

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils apropos help-mode easymenu debug cus-start
cus-load gdb-mi bindat json gud easy-mmode comint ansi-color ring
time-date tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment
lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk
x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

-- 
Miguel