Subject: 24.2.90; default value of diary-header-line-format
From: "Roland Winkler" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 12:15:37 -0600
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

When editing the diary file I am always rather annoyed when
diary-header-line-format tells me

  Some text is hidden - press "s" in calendar before edit/copy

Normally I edit the diary file directly, i.e., without going via
calendar. Why should I run diary-show-all-entries in the calendar
buffer if this command even has its own keybinding "C-c C-s" in the
diary buffer? Certainly I see this message when I am in the diary
buffer, but not in the calendar buffer.

So I suggest to change the default of diary-header-line-format
to something like

      '(:eval (calendar-string-spread
               (list (if diary-selective-display
                         "Some text is hidden - press \"C-c C-s\" \
before edit/copy"
                       "Diary"))
               ?\s (window-width)))

If this doesn't work in all possible scenarios, then this might
indicate that diary-show-all-entries needs to be fixed.

In GNU Emacs 24.2.90.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.20.1)
 of 2012-11-24 on regnitz
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10706000
System Description:	Ubuntu 10.04.4 LTS