Subject: 24.3.50; `make-pointer-invisible' don't seem to work
From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 13:36:38 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

(Maybe I'm missing something, but I fail to see what)

I've read this paragraph in (info "(emacs) Display Custom"):

     If the mouse pointer lies inside an Emacs frame, Emacs makes it
  invisible each time you type a character to insert text, to prevent it
  from obscuring the text.  (To be precise, the hiding occurs when you
  type a "self-inserting" character.  *Note Inserting Text::.)  Moving
  the mouse pointer makes it visible again.  To disable this feature, set
  the variable `make-pointer-invisible' to `nil'.

When I try to test that feature, the mouse pointer never hides.  It
only changes between the arrow (when the pointer is over an empty
area) and the "I-beam" (when the pointer is over some text).

I've tested this with Emacs -Q, with the current trunk, with the
current emacs-24 branch, and with the 24.2, 24.1 and 23.4 releases.
In all cases the behavior is the same (mouse pointer remains visible
after typing text).

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7601)
 of 2012-11-18 on MS-W7-DANI
Bzr revision: 110940 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.7) --no-opt --enable-checking --cflags
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.10/include -Ic:/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.10/src
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/libpng-1.2.37-lib/include -Ic:/emacs/libs/zlib-1.2.5
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1-lib/include
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4-lib/include
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1-lib/include
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/libxml2-2.7.8-w32-bin/include/libxml2
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/gnutls-3.0.9-w32-bin/include
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/libiconv-1.9.2-1-lib/include'

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ENU
  locale-coding-system: cp1252
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

-- 
Dani Moncayo