Subject: 24.2.50; on mac os x, resizing frame from bottom right corner causes whole frame to jump around
From: Michael McCracken <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 09:50:57 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

start emacs, then resize the initial frame using the bottom right corner
drag area.

The whole frame moves around in a jerky jumping fashion when I resize
it using the
bottom-right corner of the window.

The other corners work as expected, but if I drag the bottom-right
corner down, the whole frame moves down as well. Similarly if I drag
it up, it will both make the frame smaller *and* move the whole frame
up, making it possible to end up with a frame whose title bar is off
screen.

In GNU Emacs 24.2.50.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin11.4.2, NS apple-appkit-1138.47)
of 2012-09-19 on mba
Bzr revision: 110097 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1138
Configured using:
`configure '--with-ns''

Important settings:
  locale-coding-system: nil
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Notes

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  outline-minor-mode: t
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-notify-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  erc-menu-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-list-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  erc-highlight-nicknames-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-fill-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-noncommands-mode: t
  erc-keep-place-mode: t
  erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
  erc-readonly-mode: t
  yas/global-mode: t
  yas/minor-mode: t
  global-linum-mode: t
  linum-mode: t
  xterm-mouse-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  auto-fill-function: do-auto-fill
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
C-p <return> C-s c r e a t e C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s
C-s C-s C-s C-l C-s f o l d e r s . C-s C-s C-s C-s
C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-l C-g C-g C-x b C-s
C-g C-x o i C-x 1 C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-s f o l d e
r C-l C-x b a c k <return> M-v M-> C-p C-p C-p C-p
C-p C-p <return> M-< C-s s y n c d a e m o n f o l
C-l C-v C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-l C-x o i
u C-x C-f <return> v <backspace> s C-s <return> v o
<return> C-s s u b s c r i b e _ u d f <return> C-r
s u b s c r i b e _ s h a C-l C-x 1 C-x b f o l d e
r s <return> C-c n * SPC u 1 SPC m a c SPC c l i n
<backspace> e n t SPC / SPC a c c e p t i n g SPC s
h a r e SPC f o l d e r SPC b u g <return> y e s <return>
c h a s e SPC <backspace> l i v i n g s t o n SPC h
a s SPC a c c e p t e d SPC a SPC f o l d e r SPC s
h a r e SPC a n d SPC n o t h i n g SPC h a s SPC s
h o w e d SPC u p . C-x C-s M-x r e p o r t - <tab>
<return>

Recent messages:
Mark set [3 times]
Mark saved where search started
Window Switching Mode On...
Window Switching Mode Off.
Mark saved where search started [2 times]
WARNING W293:blank line contains whitespace
(New file)
Loading /Users/mmccrack/Dropbox/notes-mode-notes/index_cache.el (source)...done
Saving file /Users/mmccrack/Dropbox/notes-mode-notes/201209/120920...
Wrote /Users/mmccrack/Dropbox/notes-mode-notes/201209/120920

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils tramp-cache tramp
tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs dabbrev tabify terminal ehelp electric
dirtrack cus-edit pcmpl-unix misearch multi-isearch mule-util shell
notes-index-mode sh-script smie executable make-mode vc-git conf-mode
noutline outline notes-mode notes-aux nxml-uchnm rng-xsd xsd-regexp
rng-cmpct rng-nxml rng-valid rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse nxml-parse
rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-ns nxml-mode nxml-outln
nxml-rap nxml-util nxml-glyph nxml-enc xmltok vc-hg cc-langs cc-mode
cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars
cc-defs dired-aux vc-bzr semantic/wisent/python semantic/db-mode
semantic/decorate/include semantic/db-find semantic/db-ref semantic/db
eieio-base semantic/decorate/mode semantic/tag-ls semantic/decorate
pulse semantic/ctxt semantic/dep semantic/wisent/python-wy
semantic/wisent semantic/wisent/wisent python flymake ack timeclock
uniquify erc-track erc-ring erc-notify erc-networks erc-netsplit
erc-menu erc-match erc-pcomplete pcomplete erc-join paren time desktop
cus-start cus-load ido win-switch windmove notes-variables notes-emacs
erc-highlight-nicknames erc-button erc-fill erc-stamp wid-edit
erc-goodies erc erc-backend erc-compat format-spec tls yasnippet
dropdown-list derived easy-mmode help-mode assoc anything-match-plugin
anything-config warnings compile comint ring semantic/util-modes
semantic/util semantic semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw mode-local
cedet imenu bookmark pp ffap url-parse auth-source eieio byte-opt
bytecomp byte-compile cconv gnus-util mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache
url-vars dired rx thingatpt anything advice advice-preload help-fns
edmacro kmacro woman easymenu man ansi-color cl-macs gv cl cl-lib linum
xt-mouse time-date tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel
ns-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list
newcomment lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process ns
multi-tty emacs)