Subject: 24.1.50; error when evaluating compiled emtpy setq-default form
From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 03:35:00 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

imagine somebody has something like this in an init file:

(setq-default
  ;; foo 17
  )

i.e. an `setq-default' form that has no arguments because the user has
commented out all its arguments.

Loading such a form is ok.  But if you compile it and evaluate the
result, you get an error:

  wrong-number-of-arguments set-default 1

This doesn't happen with `setq' instead of `setq-default', btw.

Thanks,

Michael.

In GNU Emacs 24.1.50.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.4.2)
 of 2012-08-07 on dex, modified by Debian
 (emacs-snapshot package, version 2:20120807-1)
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11203000
Configured using:
 `configure '--build' 'i486-linux-gnu' '--host' 'i486-linux-gnu'
 '--prefix=/usr' '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib'
 '--localstatedir=/var' '--infodir=/usr/share/info'
 '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--with-pop=yes'
 '--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs-snapshot:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.1.50/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.1.50/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp'
 '--without-compress-info' '--with-crt-dir=/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/'
 '--with-x=yes' '--with-x-toolkit=gtk3' '--with-imagemagick=yes'
 'build_alias=i486-linux-gnu' 'host_alias=i486-linux-gnu'
 'CFLAGS=-DDEBIAN -DSITELOAD_PURESIZE_EXTRA=5000 -g -O2' 'LDFLAGS=-g
 -Wl,--as-needed -znocombreloc' 'CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2''