Subject: 24.0.96; Incorrect echoing of gdb output
From: "William M. (Mike) Miller" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2012 07:38:20 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

This bug report will be sent to the Bug-GNU-Emacs mailing list
and the GNU bug tracker at debbugs.gnu.org.  Please check that
the From: line contains a valid email address.  After a delay of up
to one day, you should receive an acknowledgement at that address.

Please write in English if possible, as the Emacs maintainers
usually do not have translators for other languages.

Please describe exactly what actions triggered the bug, and
the precise symptoms of the bug.  If you can, give a recipe
starting from `emacs -Q':

When I run M-x gdb and debug a program, some gdb output that should
appear is suppressed, and some gdb output that should be suppressed is
echoed.  The version of gdb I am using is

    GNU gdb (GDB) 7.3.50.20111026-cvs (cygwin-special)

and I am using gdb-many-windows mode.

In particular, if I type "next" in the gud interaction buffer, the
source line of the execution point is echoed in the buffer, just as it
would be if I were using gdb in an xterm outside of emacs.  It is
correctly suppressed if I use the graphical "next" button at the top of
the window.

Conversely, if I use the graphical buttons for "run", "continue", or
"step", the gdb output showing the function name and parameter values is
not echoed in the gud interaction buffer; it does appear if I type those
commands instead of using the graphical buttons.

If Emacs crashed, and you have the Emacs process in the gdb debugger,
please include the output from the following gdb commands:
    `bt full' and `xbacktrace'.
For information about debugging Emacs, please read the file
/usr/share/emacs/24.0.96/etc/DEBUG.

In GNU Emacs 24.0.96.1 (i686-pc-cygwin, GTK+ Version 2.24.10)
 of 2012-05-16 on moufang
Windowing system distributor `The Cygwin/X Project', version 11.0.11203000
Configured using:
 `configure
 '--srcdir=/home/kbrown/src/cygemacs/emacs-24.0.96-2/src/emacs-24.0.96'
 '--prefix=/usr' '--exec-prefix=/usr' '--bindir=/usr/bin'
 '--sbindir=/usr/sbin' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib' '--datadir=/usr/share'
 '--localstatedir=/var' '--sysconfdir=/etc' '--datarootdir=/usr/share'
 '--docdir=/usr/share/doc/emacs' '-C' '--without-gsettings'
 '--without-gconf' 'CC=gcc' 'CFLAGS=-g -O2 -pipe '
 'LDFLAGS=-L/usr/lib/ncursesw' 'LIBS='
 'CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/include/ncursesw''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  show-paren-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
M-x r e p o r t - g n u <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
e m a c s - b u g <return>

Recent messages:
Loading paren...done
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
easymenu mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail regexp-opt rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils paren cus-start cus-load
time-date tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak
czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces
cus-face files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
make-network-process dbusbind dynamic-setting font-render-setting
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

-- 
William M. (Mike) Miller | Edison Design Group
[email-masked]