Subject: 24.1.50; Wrong character showed by "C-h c"
From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2012 19:50:09 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

With the current Emacs trunk, and from "emacs -Q", if I type "C-h c
M-ç", I get the message "M-‡ is undefined" in the echo area.

The correct message would be "M-ç is undefined", which is what I get
if I repeat the experiment with the Emacs 24.1 release.

However, if I repeat the experiment (both with the trunk and with the
24.1 release), but this time in TTY mode (-Q -nw), the version which
behaves correctly is the trunk (Emacs 24.1 gives me the message
"M-\207 is undefined").

In GNU Emacs 24.1.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7601)
 of 2012-07-29 on DANI-PC
Bzr revision: 109266 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.7) --no-opt --enable-checking --cflags
 -I../../libs/libiconv-1.14-2-mingw32-dev/include
 -I../../libs/libxml2-2.7.8-w32-bin/include/libxml2
 -I../../libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include
 -I../../emacs/libs/gnutls-3.0.16/include -I../../libs/jpeg-6b-4/include
 -I../../libs/libpng-1.4.10 -I../../libs/libxpm-3.5.8/include
 -I../../libs/libxpm-3.5.8/src -I../../libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include
 -I../../libs/zlib-1.2.6'

Important settings:
  value of $EMACSDATA: C:/emacs/trunk/etc
  value of $EMACSDOC: C:/emacs/trunk/etc
  value of $EMACSLOADPATH: C:/emacs/trunk/lisp;C:/emacs/trunk/leim
  value of $EMACSPATH: C:/emacs/trunk/bin
  value of $LANG: ESN
  locale-coding-system: cp1252
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
C-h c M-‡ M-x r e p o r t SPC e SPC b SPC <return>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
M-‡ is undefined

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
easymenu mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils time-date tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 disp-table ls-lisp w32-win w32-vars
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment
lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer button faces cus-face files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process multi-tty emacs)

-- 
Dani Moncayo