Subject: 24.1.50; Characters "á" and "é" are not correctly displayed on a Windows terminal
From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 14:13:23 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

On my Windows 7, 64-bit system, if I start Emacs from a cmd.exe
console (emacs -nw -Q) and type the text "áéíóú", the first two
characters are not displayed correctly (see attached screenshot).

If I exit Emacs, and type those characters again in the console
prompt, the are all displayed correctly.

I've been able to reproduce this problem both in Emacs 24.1 and 23.4.

In GNU Emacs 24.1.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7601)
 of 2012-07-19 on DANI-PC
Bzr revision: 109159 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.7) --enable-checking --cflags
 -I../../libs/libiconv-1.14-2-mingw32-dev/include
 -I../../libs/libxml2-2.7.8-w32-bin/include/libxml2
 -I../../libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include
 -I../../emacs/libs/gnutls-3.0.16/include -I../../libs/jpeg-6b-4/include
 -I../../libs/libpng-1.4.10 -I../../libs/libxpm-3.5.8/include
 -I../../libs/libxpm-3.5.8/src -I../../libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include
 -I../../libs/zlib-1.2.6'

-- 
Dani Moncayo